• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

Why is my Reedy 510r esc not giving me reverse?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sludog

Reaction score
Tekno RC's
  1. EB410
  2. MT410
Driving Style
Basher
I picked up a used EB410.2 and it was used as a carpet racer. Everything is clean and barely used and well maintained. It has a Reedy Sonic 7.5 motor and a Ready 510R esc. Hooked it to my Futaba T4PM radio which is the same radio previous owner used and R304SB receiver and I cant get reverse for some reason. I went though the programs on the esc to reprogram to radio and use the reverse throttle to program. Neutral is good forward is good and reverse is good lights on the esc. Still no reverse. Also tried a brand new receiver and still nothing. Do I need a reedy program box to do this properly? Maybe ESC is bad?
I thought maybe the previous owner may have disabled reverse for racing but when I asked him he said he did not disable and it had reverse. He mentioned that there might be a setting on the remote to disable reverse or turn down to zero but he didn't remember where. Car runs perfect just no reverse. Any suggestions?

normally you need to calibrate the ESC, I don't see any mention that you calibrated, so you might not even be getting full throttle range either without calibrating.

normally you need to calibrate the ESC, I don't see any mention that you calibrated, so you might not even be getting full throttle range either without calibrating.
I did not recalibrate only tried to set to radio. Do I need a program box for that or can I do through the esc power button?

I did not recalibrate only tried to set to radio. Do I need a program box for that or can I do through the esc power button?
Do you mean there's maybe more power??;)?

Are you double tapping the trigger for reverse?

If you are maybe try resetting the ESC back to factory settings. Then recalibrate (not bind) the radio to the ESC, but first make sure that all of your throttle and reverse end points on the radio are at 100%.

I do not own that ESC, I would download their manual online and follow the instruction to calibrate, yes most brands use the power button on the ESC to calibrate, should not need to use any programming box.

I do not own that ESC, I would download their manual online and follow the instruction to calibrate, yes most brands use the power button on the ESC to calibrate, should not need to use any programming box.
I'll give it a try, thanks. I can get the instruction manual from Team Associated website.

Are you double tapping the trigger for reverse?

If you are maybe try resetting the ESC back to factory settings. Then recalibrate (not bind) the radio to the ESC, but first make sure that all of your throttle and reverse end points on the radio are at 100%.
I did not double tap for reverse. I'm trying to get it back to factory setting but I think I need the program modular to do it. The manual says rebind/calibrate. I did everything and still not working. Maybe you can figure these instructions out.
page1image4066005360
1587682122259.png

Most esc's that are designed around racing in order to reverse you need to push trigger forward once for the break and then forward a second time for reverse. This is to make sure you don't accidentally reverse on a one way track.

Recent Popular Liked

Back