• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

48.4 White spur gear?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stokedcrf

Reaction score
Hey everyone.

I just scored a great deal on a 48.4 used that I couldn't turn down.

I'm just going over everything (basically another winter rebuild project) and noticed the previous racer has a white spur gear.

Is this aftermarket or a hop up? I feel like I've seen a few photos on people's builds here but never really paid that much attention to it.

Attachments

• IMG_20220226_122706.jpg
    IMG_20220226_122706.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 124
I believe some of the earlier kits had some white delrin bits. You might find the spacers in the lower shock cartridges to be white also and not have the center spacer between the o-rings.

I believe some of the earlier kits had some white delrin bits. You might find the spacers in the lower shock cartridges to be white also and not have the center spacer between the o-rings.
Ah thanks! I noticed the white lower shock cartridge as you mentioned is white too.

I haven't opened the shock apart yet to check for the spacer though, but my sct410 has em. Should I be adding the spacer if it doesn't have it?

If you buy the parts to rebuild the cartridge it will come with the spacers. It might be the EB410 I'm remembering that had the rolling change adding the center spacer. That went from white to black. The shocks would leak because the o-rings weren't compressed enough to seal against the shaft. I think MIP came out with a kit and then Tekno updated the assembly soon after.

Hey everyone.

I'm just going over everything (basically another winter rebuild project) and noticed the previous racer has a white spur gear.

Is this aftermarket or a hop up? I feel like I've seen a few photos on people's builds here but never really paid that much attention to it.
Had a used rig with such a spear gear, never was a problem and is still running strong.

If you buy the parts to rebuild the cartridge it will come with the spacers. It might be the EB410 I'm remembering that had the rolling change adding the center spacer. That went from white to black. The shocks would leak because the o-rings weren't compressed enough to seal against the shaft. I think MIP came out with a kit and then Tekno updated the assembly soon after.
Great info! The used eb48.4 I picked up does appear to have leaky shocks so I was going to rebuilt them from the ground up anyways.
Thanks for bringing this to my attention.

I would have probably noticed anyways if the spacers were missing since my sct410 has them :) good to know their purpose!

Hey everyone.

Hey everyone.

Tekno made replacement spur gears for the .3 and .4 series rigs that are not died black so they are that off white color. They aren’t made from a different material so they aren’t going to perform better or last longer. When I got my EB48.4, ET 48.3 and SCT410.3 kits a few years ago I picked a couple of them up in addition to some of the regular black ones to compare. The steel version is the only “upgrade” spur that I know of, but after running them on the EB and ET for a while, I went back to the plastic because they are so much quieter plus they last surprisingly long, even on 6s in the ET.

Recent Popular Liked

Back