• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

What to build?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigslim

Reaction score
I just got back from the LHS and had a sobering conversations about local racing. The only thing they race is stock slash both 2 and 4 wheel drive. I wanted to build a SCT410.3 to bash and race but with only stock slash available I guess my bashing options have opened up. I currently have a Kraton 6s which is cool in the back yard and open fields but rather large at the skate parks. I think I want to build a 1/10th scale something or other, suggestions?

What's your budget?
Do you like to do wheelies and standing back flips?

Consider the MT410 which I feel is the king of all bashers!

If the price tag is too steep then consider the smaller ET410 or if you're willing to open your options to another brand, I absolutely love my PR Racing 401R-T which would be an excellent option with SCT wheels ;)

49416078056_e717684fa5_c.jpg

budget is open. My daughter wants something that handles better than the Kraton so I don't know that the MT is the best fit.

Edit: I should add that I would like to run on 3s.

Last edited:
A good price point for 3S could be the Arrma Typhon 3S. It’s more of an 1/8 scale but it’s a buggy so it would be smaller anyway.

I said 3s because 1 those are the batteries that I already have and 2 I was thinking most 1/10 scale ran on 3s. The more I look at stuff the more confusing it becomes but I looks like 4s and 6s is what I will be running after all.

I am most likely going to either build or try and pick up a used SCT (if I ever get approved for the Tekno buy/sell group on FB) and maybe convert my Kraton 6s into a rock racer.

I said 3s because 1 those are the batteries that I already have and 2 I was thinking most 1/10 scale ran on 3s. The more I look at stuff the more confusing it becomes but I looks like 4s and 6s is what I will be running after all.

I am most likely going to either build or try and pick up a used SCT (if I ever get approved for the Tekno buy/sell group on FB) and maybe convert my Kraton 6s into a rock racer.
I disagree. Most 1/10th scale RCs are meant for 2S LiPo/7 cell nickel batteries. People get too comfortable with so-so RTR gear...they want to step up their game to, and sometimes go overboard with, more power.

For bashing/racing purposes only...you won't find a better platform, IMHO, than the SCT410.3 truck. I'd buy a Slash to conform, AND I would buy a Tekno SCT410.3 to perform.

I did a quick search into converting the Kraton into a rock racer and it doesn't seem like its possible or practical. I'll leave it as is and work on getting the SCT.

Recent Popular Liked

Back