• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

What servo to use?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bennie98

Reaction score
Tekno RC's
  1. MT410
Driving Style
Basher
Hi

I am looking at a decent servo for my mt410.
I have my eye on the PowerHD PHD-LW20MG servo.
This one.

But I don't know if that would be enough Kg's. (20 KG).
A mate has got a 38Kg servo in his new ride, but I don't know if that is necessary.
I have the 20Kg servo in my Tamiya XV-01, but that is a much lighter car than the MT410.

What's your opinion on it?
The 20Kg one is fast:

- Torque 4,8V: 16,5 kg-cm
- Torque 6,6V: 20,0 kg-cm
- Speed 4,8V: 0,18 sec
- Speed 6,6V: 0,16 sec

But the 38Kg one is even faster, it needs to be on a higher voltage though.
How do you feel about the voltage differences? Does that matter?

I’d go with something that produces at least 300 oz in torque. 20 kg cm is approximately 277 oz. I prefer something in the 400 oz range.

So that's about 30Kg. Do you have a recommendation for a servo? Maybe a bit faster, but not much more expensive? :) I saw a couple of 100-140euro, but that seemed a bit steep.

I use savox 1270tg. It meets the 350oz torque recommended by Tekno for the mt410 at 6v . And it is HV capable, so I can up the torque to 487oz/in at 7.4v on my ESC's BEC (also make sure receiver is ok with the higher voltage)

If I found the right conversion, 350oz-in torque is just over 25 kg-cm

I broke 2 within the first 2 minutes of driving before I tried the Savox 1230SG and I have been using this ever since. I bought another for a backup but never had to even open the box.

Ok, thanks for the input. I'll see what I can find. :)

Recent Popular Liked

Back