• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

What purpose do these screws serve?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Papi Chingon

Reaction score

No idea why these photos rotated, but dead center in each photo the screws in question are tkr1443. When going through the build I figured I would be instructed at some point to attach something to these screws, so I just screwed them in 1/4 of the way. At no point did I come to a step in the instructions to do so. Am I missing something? If not, what purpose do these serve?

They are being used as droop screws.

It is a way to limit the down travel without the use of internal shock limiters. If you take a look at the bottom of your chassis and you will find little tabs that stick out, they line up with the screws in question. The tabs are there for the droop screws to hit against and adjusting how much they stick out is how you adjust the travel.

This is another adjustment that you want to be symmetrical from left to right. Using calipers to measure the length of your shocks while you adjust those screws is the easiest way you can check your droop. Using blocks and a ride height gage is the most accurate way to check the droop and have it be symmetrical from left to right.

They are being used as droop screws.

It is a way to limit the down travel without the use of internal shock limiters. If you take a look at the bottom of your chassis and you will find little tabs that stick out, they line up with the screws in question. The tabs are there for the droop screws to hit against and adjusting how much they stick out is how you adjust the travel.

This is another adjustment that you want to be symmetrical from left to right. Using calipers to measure the length of your shocks while you adjust those screws is the easiest way you can check your droop. Using blocks and a ride height gage is the most accurate way to check the droop and have it be symmetrical from left to right.
Thank you for clarifying. I never would have figured that out. The assembly instructions were fairly straight forward, but there were certainly questions that I felt could have been explained to those of us (me) with limited experience with kits. I appreciate you taking the time to answer that, while most others have got to be laughing at my questions.

That is a great reference to help figure what all these setup changes do to your ride.

Page 7 contains an error though, I wonder if they will ever fix it.

7th page of the PDF, so number 5. Toe out and toe in are not as they should...

7th page of the PDF, so number 5. Toe out and toe in are not as they should...
Lol. I went to my manual and it was the rear end with sway bar, blocks, rear bumper assembly, and swing arms. Now I clicked on the link because your response and boom.

Thank you for clarifying. I never would have figured that out. The assembly instructions were fairly straight forward, but there were certainly questions that I felt could have been explained to those of us (me) with limited experience with kits. I appreciate you taking the time to answer that, while most others have got to be laughing at my questions.
Kit building is a learning curve. And droop screws and setting is important. Kits generally don't explain purpose of each component. But Tekno absolutely hasTHE best build instructions in the Industry. I recommend Tekno for any first build. Their rigs are Race spec. With great heritage, parts and tech support. Been building kits of many brands for 30 years. Enjoy.:)

Flip those droops screws over! It won't dig into chassis. You now have to adjust from underside. Or M2c sells a set that is well worth it.

Recent Popular Liked

Back