• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

410.3 What oils ??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BashingBrian

So here I am, I'm Tiny Rick..!!!
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Tekno RC's
  1. MT410
  2. SCT410
Driving Style
Basher
New 410.3 arrived :cool: hopefully start the build this coming weekend..!!

Should I use the stock oil weights diffs/shocks or change ??
I know it's not supposed to be a basher, but mine will be used mainly for running on grass and/or carparks..!!

It's going to be 4s so it will have a bit of extra weight in it, although I've gone for as light as possible with the electronics.

Any tips (y)

doubling your battery will have a big effect on weight and suspension.
since you're running 4s i'm guessing youre not actually racing, so fluids are not critical to get right.
i would start with stock and go from there. if you plan on landing big jumps you'd probably want a bit thicker shock fluid. i wouldn't bother experimenting with diff fluid for bashing except perhaps in center and go thicker to keep more power evenly distributed (use 1mil+ or lock for wheelie action)

when I increased to a larger 4S pack, I found that the added weight improved my performance and did not need to change my fluids nor springs, more info here: when I first went to 3S:
https://www.teknoforums.com/threads/build-review-sct410-3.1389/post-15158

and here when I went to 4S:
https://www.teknoforums.com/threads/build-review-sct410-3.1389/post-17179

The added weight did not disrupt the car around the jumps like many would think, it simply made the truck feel more planted and easier to drive in general.

Yeah, as long as you got an efficient motor/battery setup, I wouldn't worry about weight. I love the way 1/8 scale RCs drive/feel going over the rough stuff. The SCT410.3 being on the heavier side; being based off the EB48, were the main reasons for me purchasing the RC platform as a basher.

A lot of people say the rear end is too soft on the table (stock setup), and don't even run the truck. Get out there and test/experiment. (y)

Yeah, as long as you got an efficient motor/battery setup, I wouldn't worry about weight. I love the way 1/8 scale RCs drive/feel going over the rough stuff. The SCT410.3 being on the heavier side; being based off the EB48, were the main reasons for me purchasing the RC platform as a basher.

A lot of people say the rear end is too soft on the table (stock setup), and don't even run the truck. Get out there and test/experiment. (y)

Good point, I had already upgraded the rear springs to the EB48 springs to prevent nose dive issues, but that was initial 2S setup, I ran the same springs on 3S and 4S as well.

Good point, I had already upgraded the rear springs to the EB48 springs to prevent nose dive issues, but that was initial 2S setup, I ran the same springs on 3S and 4S as well.
Since you brought up the subject, and could be related to OP's question, do you go over what worked out better for addressing some of the SCT410.3 nose diving flight characteristics in your build thread?

Since you brought up the subject, and could be related to OP's question, do you go over what worked out better for addressing some of the SCT410.3 nose diving flight characteristics in your build thread?

Yes I believe I mention it in there, but the problem is pretty straightforward, and most of it comes down to how you attack a jump.

If you're already at full throttle and have reached max velocity before the jump then your truck will be decelerating as it goes up the ramp which shifts the weight forward and has a tendency to cause a nose dive. The fix for this is to back off the throttle a pinch before you enter the jump, then go back to WOT so that you're accelerating up the jump to get the weight shifted to the back.

Another problem is carrying too much speed up a jump with a high lift angle and this has a tendency for the back of the chassis to bottom out on the lip of the jump causing the nose to dive. Solution is to slow down and find the sweet spot in speed to tackle the jump, but if can't clear the jump properly then you can go up to a stiffer spring on the rear but the trade off is giving up traction. So don't go thicker than is absolutely necessary to find the sweet spot in overall performance :)

Recent Popular Liked

Back