• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

What mAh battery

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BashingBrian

So here I am, I'm Tiny Rick..!!!
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Tekno RC's
  1. MT410
  2. SCT410
Driving Style
Basher
So as you may or may not know I'm in the process of building my first Tekno, a MT410. ?

I am/was going to be using an old Arrma motor/esc I've got lying around, and run 6s but more and more people tell me to run just on 4s as it will be plenty..!!
So my new dilemma is I don't have any 4s batteries ? so my question here is..??

What is a good mAh to shoot for, I've been looking at minimum 50c and I've seen anywhere from 4000mAh right upto 6850mAh.

I realise bigger mAh will equal more weight but I'm not a racer, but also at the same time I don't want heavy chunky batteries if I can help it..?

Thx

Ahoy my fellow Arrma/Tekno brethren.

Like you, since I’m very (?) familiar with the Arrma components you’re about to pop in that magnificent MT, I’d wager that sticking right around 5000mAh would be wise. Just enough capacity to have a solid amount of runtime, just enough capacity to give everything a break between packs.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07RR9Y1PP/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_s-JIEbQGEND7E

I’ve had great experiences with the above battery. Yes it’s not a “name brand”, yes the C rating is probably a bit overrated, but I can tell you firsthand that I own 4 and all 4 are dependable, from speed runs to bashing. Cells are balanced, IR is exemplary, and I’ve never had a notable issue.

I picked myself up a True Spec DV 7200mah 75C SMC battery hope it isn't overkill but what are you thoughts on that battery?

I don't like to cheap out when it comes to lipos as I have had many bad experiences with them

Many lipos come from the same manufacturer. Sometimes they will sell the better performing lipos to certain companies, sometimes not. If you take care of your batteries, I can honestly say that most brands will perform exactly the same. Especially with RC cars, coming from racing quads, we would spend top dollar to get a few more C's out of every pack. Even then, I started buying cheaper batteries and would get to buy MORE for the same money, keeping me in the air/ground longer. I currently run Awanfi and Ovonic 3S, 4S and they are performing GREAT! Just my 2 cents.

Recent Popular Liked

Back