• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

What happens to a motor when it overheats?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thnkgodimwhite.

Reaction score
Can someone tell me what happens to a motor when it overheats and and what damage will be done and to what part of the motor..I'm just trying to figure out if overheating would make one of the magnets break off the rotor..if it was something that I caused to happen or if it's just one of those things that happens to happen I guess..any info would be appreciated..thanks guys.

What were your bearings like in the motor? If they had started to fail your rotor may have hit the stator.

Any time a brushless motor gets over 170°f or 76°c it can start to degrade the rotor magnets, close to 212°f or 100°c it is at serious risk of permanent damage to the magnets and other components.

Hi....I have a 8 KW westerbeke generator. I as of late introduced another indoor regulator. All has been well and it has run at hundred and eighty degrees. The previous evening I have a little 3/8 detour hose blow and the engine got sweltering because of loss of coolant and the generator shut itself down. At the point when it chilled it began comparably ordinary. I fixed the hose and topped off with new liquid catalyst now it is is by all accounts running more sultry nearer to 200° whenever run for quite a while. Indeed I have check the coolant level and drained air out the vent. So my inquiry is can overheating the engine harm the indoor regulator?

Recent Popular Liked

Back