• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

What esc/motor should i use

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jasonccoffey

Reaction score
What esc motor combo should I use can't decide is the mamba x good enough its all they had at the hobby shop
20210521_170431.jpg

Everyone's use and environment will be different but I call it fine. I have the same using a 15T pinion and it's fast enough for the trucks size. I have bigger and faster but keep in mind the faster you go the more likely to bend and break stuff. Keep in mind with the 2200KV motor it's limited to 4S. Some have complained that motor runs hot which it might if you're 100% throttle 90% of the time. My hottest day so far has been 92F and I got 120-130F with my temp gun, logs showed a max of 132F. I have a 17T to try that I haven't felt the need for yet and it's only going to get hotter here but fans are still an option.

Edit to clarify, I'm referring to and using the Castle system. I don't have any experience with the Spektrum ground stuff.

Last edited:
I use the castle mamba monster X with 1515 2200kv motor for bashing. I think I have a 17t pinion on it. I think it has more power than I need. I can do wheelies without any effort and when I go to the skate park I have no problem flinging the mt410 pretty high doing flips. I sometimes run it at the baseball fields and don’t think I have ever run full throttle. Running the dog back and forth on the field going from short grass to dirt, my motor has overheated once. But that was just sprinting back and forth. I put a fan on the motor and no more problems. But I do want to point out you are looking at the Mamba X not the mamba monster X I have. So your experience will be different than mine. I really like castle in general and use them to power most of my faster more powerful cars. I have no experience with the Spektrum. Good luck

Everyone's use and environment will be different but I call it fine. I have the same using a 15T pinion and it's fast enough for the trucks size. I have bigger and faster but keep in mind the faster you go the more likely to bend and break stuff. Keep in mind with the 2200KV motor it's limited to 4S. Some have complained that motor runs hot which it might if you're 100% throttle 90% of the time. My hottest day so far has been 92F and I got 120-130F with my temp gun, logs showed a max of 132F. I have a 17T to try that I haven't felt the need for yet and it's only going to get hotter here but fans are still an option.

Edit to clarify, I'm referring to and using the Castle system. I don't have any experience with the Spektrum ground stuff.

I just checked both the Mamba X and the 1515 motor and both are 6s capable. But in my opinion 4S works great, unless you want to pound the “@&% out of it. Lol

The Firma is probably a more natural choice for the MT410 (with the larger 74mm motor as shown in the pic), while the Castle Mamba X would be a better fit in a buggy.

One small detail about the Firma is that you’ll have to break the screw tabs to make it fit. While not an issue at all on the long run, it might “feel wrong”.

I think you’ll be better off with the firma combo. I really like castle products but I feel the mamba x is too small for the mt410, especially if you want to try big tires. If it were a monster x that would be a different story.

I had the cc 1515/2200kv motor with the monster x esc. I tried every size pinion you can think of to reduce the heat. I do run it hard full throttle, etc. that's how I roll and this combo will over heat in an MT410 if you run full throttle. Since I really like the logging feature with the castle ESC I went with a 1520 motor and monster x 8s although I run on 4s. No over heats on 22 pinion and am gonna try a 24 pinion hopefully tomorrow.

I just checked both the Mamba X and the 1515 motor and both are 6s capable. But in my opinion 4S works great, unless you want to pound the “@&% out of it. Lol

That's true if you look at the esc and motor individually. If you look at the combo with a 15 series motor they say..

ESC
MIN: 2S LiPo
MAX: 6S LiPo (25.2V) (Max 4s with included motor)

Motor
3-6S LiPo; 4s maximum with Mamba X ESC

Why? I don't know. Maybe they're being conservative. Maybe it's a CYA for inexperienced users not gearing properly. You can only go down on the pinion so far then the question is if the motor plate has enough range to mesh to the spur. The same motor with the Monster X is 6S so I'm curious.
My assumption is thermal capacity.

Last edited:

Recent Popular Liked

Back