• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

What batteries for et48.3

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Tekno RC's
  1. ET48
Driving Style
Basher
I have 2 hard case 2s and 2 hard case 3s both fit like crap. What batteries do you guys run?

I run 4s hardcase batteries from SMC, ProMatch and Turnigy. They all work great for their price tag. It really depends what you are looking for at the end of the day. I mainly race with my rigs and wouldn’t mess up with higher voltage.

If you have some money to spend you could get some Graphene batteries from Hobby King. I hear they’re pretty good but expensive. I run Lectron Pro and Power Hobby hardcase batteries and like them. SMC has good batteries that are decently priced as well.

What pinion did you put in it? Did you get the Backflip LP or originals?

Most budget brands of batteries that I have used tend to swell within a couple of months and IR fades within around 6 months to where I notice significant performance degradation. Although I race and needed the packs to last a 10 min main + 2 min of practice, I found that most budget brands would only last around 6 months to make a 12 min run of hard work.

The Trinity White Carbon packs tend to last well over a year to almost 2 years making them more cost effective in the long run even though they are more expensive than budget brands.

Side bonus with the white carbon packs is that they can be charged at 40A without damaging the pack, it's really nice to get a pack fully charged in 8-10 min ;)

So i just got a 15t and have yet to get the backflips. Hopefully for xmas. The batteries fit, its just crowded. I have a lot of issues though. Esc just blinks red. Steering servo works great, and when maxed out out wants to twist the front end. So that's good. I think im gonna support the lhs and have them rewire everything. It's a mess and I don't like it. Just image 2 battery packs with their wires crammed in here. I feel like I'm in the home stretch and just want everything to be "my" kind of perfect which just boils down to neatness.

Attachments

• 15760816736773630047385525476483.jpg
    15760816736773630047385525476483.jpg
    158.7 KB · Views: 336
Oh while the esc is blinking red the steering works but there is no throttle. Any suggestions?

Yeah, it is definitely cramped in there and wiring can be an issue. As for the ESC, check and make sure the cable is plugged in right, the black wire should be on the right side of the RX or “outside”. I’m not sure what you mean by twisting the front but you most likely just need to set the steering endpoints so the servo doesn’t overextend the steering.

Just excited I guess. I mean I still need to build the shocks. My faith is restored and I think I still remember how to breathe. Patience grasshopper

I have 2 hard case 2s and 2 hard case 3s both fit like crap. What batteries do you guys run?
I'm using these fantom LIHVs and they work very well. I've probably put 20 runs in them so far and neither has had any drama.

One thing to note, Fantom included a foam padding for the battery and encouraged using it to pad landings. I tried it as is, and during crashes, the battery would slide forward and hit the driveshaft outdrive and ding up the hard case. Luckily I noticed it on the first run and was able to trim the foam padding down in half and the problem never happened again. These batteries are doing very well for me.

Also note, I only race with them. For bashing I'd probably go for something with a longer run time. These get me ~12-14 minutes on the track, which is a lot IMO. For Bashing, I'd probably go with a higher capacity though.

Oh, another note. These have a very high C rating. So if you go with them, you'll want to use connectors like an EC5 to fully utilize them. Deans connectors, for example, probably wouldn't have a high enough current rating for these batteries.

All my lipos are all rated at 50c and with ec5's. I've had hard impacts bashing... pogo sticked, cartwheeled etc. and have had other plugs come unplugged. Ec5 are snug. I think with all the wiring shortening that I've done, I'll get the factory clean look.
Oh also I need to extend the power switch , any recommendations or is it just slice and dice heat shrink repeat?

Attachments

• 15763400467907440077251485173394.jpg
    15763400467907440077251485173394.jpg
    103.8 KB · Views: 334
I’ve never extended a power cable but if I ever had to that’s the way I would do it but I am open to hear alternative methods

Edit, I would solder the wires together though

Recent Popular Liked

Back