• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

Universal Driveshafts vs. CVD

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cordell12

Reaction score
Tekno RC's
  1. ET48
Driving Style
Basher
I was looking around this morning for info on motors and the kv I will choose for my et48 when I ran across Universal Driveshafts. Does anyone use these, I'm sure racers will, but what about bashers? For now I am basher only with trips to the track for fun, I would love to race but the guys I seen at my closest track are professionals. @Jerry-rigged recommended I go try Ultimate out, it is a little further than where I had went but have yet to go. Anyway, what if any improvement will justify me spending $75-125 for these Universal shafts for my et48? I already have some rear aluminum hubs, but guessing they will not be compatible with the Universal's. Oh wow! As I scrolled down the page with the shafts, it seems there are Universal Shafts for the Center Driveshafts as well, so we are looking at close to...wait nevermind. The Center Driveshafts appear to be for the NT models only.

I have or at least I think I have a et48.3 so some of this may not be needed, the hubs/spindles/spindle carriers. How exactly would I know what version et48 I have. The chassis is a M2C, not sure what to look for like on a Arrma.

Universal Shafts
Hubs
Bearings
Spindles
Spindle Carriers

Universals, are typically better suited for rough terrain, so I would think they would be good for bashing. I have them on my eb48.3, but don't really bash it. Universals spin with less binding when moving with the suspension. Also, there is little to no slack in the driveline when using universals so, instant power transfer to the wheels.

Last edited:
Universals, are typically better suited for rough terrain, so I would think they would be good for bashing. I have them on my eb48.3, but don't really bash it. Universals spin with less binding when moving with the suspension. Also, there is little to no slack in the driveline when using universals so, instant power transfer to the wheels.

Sounds like the universals will be a great upgrade for my driving environment, which is mostly rocky terrain... always learning something new in this hobby :)

Sounds like the universals will be a great upgrade for my driving environment, which is mostly rocky terrain... always learning something new in this hobby :)

Yup, me too. Think I'll be upgrading to these once one of the stock parts wear out (if that ever happens). These things are strong! I know they say Arrma is strong, and having owned a Kraton, the Tekno is much stronger.

I have them on my ET and MT. Alloy hubs too. You need to use the same size inner bearing and outer on any hub plastic or metal. Otherwise it is a direct fit.

I've been eyeballing them for years but $100 for a set of is hard to justify, I really doubt there is any real world difference bashing or racing but I'd still like a set because my last rig came with them (and cost half as much when I had to replace one) Most comp 1/8s come with them. I am a bit surprised tekno wants so much for them :-( been looking a looong time for a deal and never found it.

I've been eyeballing them for years but $100 for a set of is hard to justify, I really doubt there is any real world difference bashing or racing but I'd still like a set because my last rig came with them (and cost half as much when I had to replace one) Most comp 1/8s come with them. I am a bit surprised tekno wants so much for them :-( been looking a looong time for a deal and never found it.

That is whats keeping me from picking them up as well. $100 is a little steep for something I may not even notice. As a basher I just need my RC to work and not break when I take a tumble in the rough. If you happen to find a deal post it up, I'd probaly jump on $70ish lol.

I’m still in the fence about them also. I think I will see it goes on the local tracks without and maybe try them out someday LOL!

Recent Popular Liked

Back