• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

Trinity Graphine LiHV battery

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would have to be darn good and committed to the track to justify such a price tag... and it is not yet ROAR approved ...

What is your application? Racing or bashing?

if you’re basing just go for a 5s or 6s.

My 2 cts,

Greetings,

Just for fooling around with. It is spendy for sure. I'm staying with 4s for my system for now, and just looking at battery options. I marvel at the crazy price range of batteries, and that many reviews don't line up so well with the pricing structure of many different batteries.

s

In my experience, you need a darn good combo to really see the difference. My Tekin combo is where I can tell batteries are that different.

Is It noticeable? Yes. Is it worth the money? Probably not for me. Unless you are racing, need to be roar legal and are looking for that extra thing to make a difference.

Last, there has to be only that many lipo cell producers in the world. Price difference will end up only reflecting cell grading and matching levels. Not to mention batteries are consumables and won’t last. I Definitely agree with your last comment!

Interesting thoughts, and I can for sure see what you are saying. The consumable part is also often overlooked. I have been using only Spektrum for my platforms, and so far so good, but I want to branch out and try a few new ones, but price tags on some like Maxxamps are just nutty.

I'm waiting for my parts to arrive to start my Tekno SCT DB project. Can't want to get that built.

s.

At the end of the day, it depends what you are doing with it and how much you are willing to pay for your packs.

My experience is as follow:
  • Traxxas Lipo 5800mah cell: expensive and bad
  • Traxxas Lipo 5000mah: expensive and bad
  • SMC 5400 True Spec Premium: good price, bad cell. They never admitted the fact that they had bad cells they dumped on their customers until they recently sourced a different product. I really wanted to like their business but they will never see me again unless they send me a free pack for trial. I dumped 2s, 3s and 4s packs way too early... I want my money back! (sorry for the rant... :rolleyes:)
  • SMC 7400 True Spec Premium: great price, performance and durability. But you do have to live with some puffing
  • HRB 5000mah: great value, average performance, no puff, good cell durability, bad intercell connections. They will solder them back for you free of charge if you send them back (which I did).
  • ProMatch 5200mah 50C: not very expensive but also not up to brand expectation. Bad durability as IR is quickly going up.
  • ProMatch 8000mah 150C: awesome cell, best pack I have ever owned. Well worth the price if you need the performance. Not sure they do a 4s version. 2 x 2s is an option.
  • Turnigy 4s1p 5000mah 20C: cheapo pack, can't believe how decent they are for the price. Run them every week, IR consistently in the 2 to 4 mohm after 1 year. Best value by far! I heard internal connections are easily broken if you do big jumps (which I don't). I own 4 of these and race with them consistently. For the price, I have plenty and don't need to keep charging same packs again and again. I can also go on the field and don't have to mess up with charging.
What people forget is that C rating is very critical for lower voltage batteries (2s and 3s), starting from 4s the voltage gives you enough power to send your rig really strong independently from battery quality. The way I imagine it is that power bottle neck moves from the battery to somewhere else in ESC (likely) or motor.

Hope this helps.

Recent Popular Liked

Back