• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

Trinity EB410 aluminum parts now available

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TBuggy

TF Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Tekno RC's
  1. EB410
  2. EB48
  3. ET410
  4. SCT410
Just saw these and thought they looked pretty flashy! The prices aren't too bad either compared to similar parts from other manufactures.
Screen Shot 2018-07-31 at 11.40.57 PM.png

Trinity EB410 Parts:
TEP3090 - Rear hub
TEP3091 - Center diff bulkhead
TEP3092 - Bulkhead camber saver plate
TEP3093 - Steering rack & bell crank set
TEP3094 - Wing mount
TEP3095 - Wheel hex

What's the general consensus regarding alloys over plastic? Is the rigidity enough to offset weight gain?

Well I think when strategically placed there is plenty of benefit. I have the exotek allow hubs on my stock EB410 and I think the tiny bit of weight at the hubs helps keep the car a touch more planted.

All that other stuff would probably be good in a mod buggy.

Although I have mixed feelings on the aluminum wing mounts. Seem like more weight up high were you don't really want it. Also I think if you do end up on your lid with the aluminum wing mounts you may end up breaking towers or diff cases due to the extra rigidity, but thats just speculation.

+1

it comes down to adding durability where needed... it can be more expensive to replace plastic parts more frequently... my stock plastic hubs are showing signs of wear with some slop after 1+ year of racing on my kit so far, rather than replace plastic hub I plan on going with aluminum, which should last indefinitely... however there is a risk of snapping a ball end flush and leaving the thread stuck inside. Probably wouldn't hurt to have a 1mm drill bit handy to remove threads.... seen this happen with other brands of cars at the track from time to time. Or keep your spare plastic hub in a pinch until you have time to extract the threads later.

Over time the plastic thread holes tend to strip out too, won't have this problem with aluminum, plus the steering bell crank tends to wallow out on the threaded eyelets, if you remove this part frequently then expect the plastic to fail if you put a lot of thread lock on it.

Recent Popular Liked

Back