• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

Traktion system on ET48.4 Problem

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SoFloRida

Reaction score
So I know this has been around for quite sometime but I decided to recently buy the traktion system for use on a med bite track. Well I went around the track about twice before my spur gear was completely shredded to bald. The stock spur gear is plastic and nobody anywhere mentioned you needed to use a steel spur gear. I did kinda notice that the teeth on the pinion gear seemed to be a little shorter and flatter then a regular one. Is the pitch different between stock plastic spur and the traktion pinion?

Did I do something wrong? Or is it mandatory to use a steel spur gear? If so, would be great if this was mentioned by someone somewhere because it was a saturday practice to race on sunday and yeah you guessed it I didn't have an extra spur gear so I missed the race on sunday. Kind of annoyed honestly but not sure if I did something wrong.

anyone else on this?

Recent Popular Liked

Back