• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

Total newb esc question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pauld

Reaction score
I recently purchased a used mt410 with Tekin motor and ESC. I plugged in my battery and turned on the esc and must’ve hit something and a little bit of smoke started coming out from the ESC I quickly disconnected the battery. What did I do wrong?

Hey Pauld,
Could be something simple bud, like a bad fan. I’ve had one go up in smoke before and nothing else was wrong. You could try unplugging it and trying again. Wouldn’t hurt to check all your connections while your at it. Being used... was it the first time you turned it on?

Yes first time. I couldn’t find the on off switch for the ESCso I held down the two buttons on the ESC and it came on. Sounded really rough. Throttle was way off and tried to reset then the smoke.

Could it be the wrong battery size?? I’m really new to this lipo batteries. Any help is appreciated

Could it be the wrong battery size?? I’m really new to this lipo batteries. Any help is appreciated

We have no way to know without more info. Which ESC, battery? Post pictures maybe?

>used
Mmmh...

I know a guy who wires his batteries the other way (+ and - switched around) as he has had several stolen.

Tekin RX8 Gen2 esc, T8 Gen3 motor(not sure which one). $60 Tactic radio and rec, SMC 6500mah 4s lipo.
I tried again and the car went about a foot and the esc popped with smoke. Now nothing works. The gears made a clanky noise also. When I got the truck it was all set up. All I added was the transmitter and rec and battery. The throttle was reversed when I hit the throttle and I reversed it on the transmitter to move forward then this happened. Any ideas anyone? What should I replace besides the ESC?Motor? Radio?

Last edited:
Do you have any pictures of the electronics in the truck?

Have you double checked that the polarity of the wiring?

Recent Popular Liked

Back