• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

Time for CF upgrades?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PaulWa11

Reaction score
So I'm thinking of upgrading to Carbon fibre Shock towers, battery brace and steering brace. whats your favourite and why? Also, post up any aftermarket parts/companies you know off.

Apart from the TEKNO brand, I know off:
www.prostarrc.com
Jconcepts also just released the upper deck with fan mount

Pros cons suggestions?

If I were to do any aftermarket upgrades I would only go with brands that offer a warranty, tons of links to aftermarket upgrades listed on the Wiki page here:
https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-off-road/969043-tekno-rc-eb410-thread.html#

Tekno offers a 50% lifetime warranty for any broken/worn parts mailed into them with no questions asked.

When it comes to shock towers, I would make sure they are using the same geometry... if someone makes any changes, I would try to understand what they are doing different and how it will effect the handling after the change.

Those prostar RC say Kevlar shock towers. Those would be interesting to see!

Whats the deal with aluminium VS Carbon?? Is it just a weight thing like stock vs mod?

I would say it is just a weight difference.

I have heard about the aluminum towers available for this buggy bending in crashes. The stock towers are pretty dang durable though!

Whats the deal with aluminium VS Carbon?? Is it just a weight thing like stock vs mod?
I have the carbon towers on my SL and it was strictly for weight. I don't even know if they are more durable. Some people have told me that they are far less durable. Like the layers on the fibers can split or something? So that might be a concern, but so far mine have held up. Would be a cool mod regardless, on yours.

I have the carbon towers on my SL and it was strictly for weight. I don't even know if they are more durable. Some people have told me that they are far less durable. Like the layers on the fibers can split or something? So that might be a concern, but so far mine have held up. Would be a cool mod regardless, on yours.

Did you seal the edges with CA glue? This helps CF from splitting later on down the road.

Did you seal the edges with CA glue? This helps CF from splitting later on down the road.
Yes. Not sure how good my technique was but I did something to that effect. Saw it in a mini 8ight t thread so when i got my Tekno i did it. Figured it can't hurt.

There isn't much too it. I like to use the thin CA, like for gluing tires. The thinner the better IMO that way it will soak in just a touch along the cut edges, instead of just layering on top.

There isn't much too it. I like to use the thin CA, like for gluing tires. The thinner the better IMO that way it will soak in just a touch along the cut edges, instead of just layering on top.
Good. That is essentially what I did, exactly lol.

Another tip is to use a razor blade to smooth it out

I run the Tekno carbon towers on my carpet car, but stock ones on my clay car. both have Carbon Tekno battery, center diff/fan and steering plates though.
if you put it on the lid a lot, i would not entertain carbon... or build a guard from sheet lexan to help keep it nice and def CA glue the edges.

Recent Popular Liked

Back