• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

48.3 This will be the final spec!??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Some_Article

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Sorry I haven't posted in a while. I have decided on the spec etc for my build and hope to place an order on Monday. There a few things missing which I will try and highlight with the hope some members could advise upon..

Tekno ET48.3
Hobbywing Max 8 esc
Hobbywing 1900kv motor
SRT BH9032 servo
Sanwa MTS radio and receiver
TKR5253B Alloy servo horn
TKR4176 16t pinion
Paint
Proline badlands 38

I'm missing any reference to batteries and would appreciate some suggestions. I'm going to run the rig on 4s and would like to buy a good quality lipo with 7000- plus mah. As I'm based in Ireland the LHS Doesn't stock any great brands so my other concern was getting lipos which will be the correct size for the battery compartment, tray and straps etc.

So that's basically it! I decided to go down the 4s route as this will be my first truggy and also kit.

If I members have time it would be great to receive some comments positive or negative.

I hope I got it at least nearly right!!!

Goodnight all...

I have ran budget 4S-5Ah packs with a 4274-2200KV motor for 10 min mains no problem with my ET48.3, granted that is with no practice laps... if you want a quality battery that can be charged at 20A and will easily withstand the rigors of a 1/8 Truggy, then I would highly recommend the White Carbon from Trinity

Main difference is that budget brand batteries will start to degrade immediately at first use and will start losing capacity within a month or two... that's why folks are recommending 7Ah+ packs so that they will still have 6Ah of capacity around the 6 month mark which is when they are about toast and need to be replaced. The White Carbon packs from Trinity won't start to degrade until after a year, they can handle more abuse and will save you money in the long haul by not having to replace them as frequently as budget packs while still retaining most of the 6Ah capacity for the first full year of use without any signs of swelling. Many brands of budget packs will start swelling within a month. Been there done that :(

I would recommend buying batteries from Hobbyking.com

Especially as you are located in Ireland, it won't be practical or cost effective to buy batteries from the US.

I would recommend the below batteries, both are 4S. Go for two of either the graphene for ultimate performance or the heavy duty for very good performance. Both will work great.

https://hobbyking.com/en_us/graphene-5000mah-4s-45c-w-xt90.html

https://hobbyking.com/en_us/turnigy-heavy-duty-5000mah-4s-60c-lipo-pack-w-xt-90.html

I would strongly advise against running any batteries above 5000mah because they tend to be too heavy and the prolonged runtime can create heat issues. It's usually better to have multiple lower capacity batteries to help the car be more durable by carrying less weight and to have fresh battery to put in. 5000mah is the sweet spot for 4S and 4000mah for 6S.

I know they're not 7000+, but I use Gens Ace 6750mah batteries, they have 50c 14.8v and 100c 15.2v versions and they do the job very well

Edit: I just saw this was posted a few months ago..
Anyway, you can buy them at gensacearespammers.de, EMAIL17 is a 10% discount code you can use

Recent Popular Liked

Back