• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

Third Run - Wet Muddy Forest

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bennie98

Reaction score
Tekno RC's
  1. MT410
Driving Style
Basher
I went to the forest and my car came out looking like this:

Chunky:
IMG_20190622_113759593_HDR.jpg

Chucky close-up:
IMG_20190622_113804404_HDR.jpg

When I had cleaned it 10%, this is what the table looked like:
IMG_20190622_120850624_HDR.jpg

Even in the receiver box it went:
IMG_20190622_121404762_HDR.jpg

I taped up the chassisplate before going there:
IMG_20190622_122614262_HDR.jpg

Still clean underneath :love:
IMG_20190622_122621107.jpg

After the removal of the electronics besides the servo (removed this later):
IMG_20190622_123618399.jpg

The electronics themselves look pretty decent:
IMG_20190622_123626421.jpg

I noticed my shocks were extremely dirty on the caps, as if they leaked.
Could it be that it is the remaining oil from the assembly which was still on there?

I cleaned it with the hose after removel of the electronics (with servo).
I know it's not the best way, but tooth brushes and paint brushes didn't seem to do anything to the dirt which was stuck on there.

What is your cleaning method if it gets like this?

Yikes! Sand is bad for the bearings.

Since you’re already halfway there with the electronics removed I would remove the front and rear clips, wash the chassis with soap and water, remove the diffs and check the bearings and then clean out the diff case, then wash the front and rear clips with soap and water. Dry it all with an air compressor. Then clean up your motor and ESC with an air compressor, brush and then wipe down with a wet rag.

Looks like you had fun!

I don't have an air compressor :/
What do you mean with clips?

To get that clean as I would want it you would definitely need to do a complete tear down and clean the parts individually as needed. Paying special attention to the bearings. If you do use water to clean up everything just be sure to dry out the bearings ASAP or they will rust/seize on you and then apply some new oil.

If you keep everything all assembled and take an air compressor to it (which it sounds like you don't have anyways) there is a good chance you will actually blow more dirt into the bearings and other spots where you don't want it. Get the majority of the dirt off by hand, rags and with a small brush first. Old tooth brushes work great for the nooks and crannies.

Is there a bearing set I can buy somewhere for when the bearings seize up. (which they probably will since I didn't really bother with paying attention.
I saw there is a stainless screw kit which is nice. But for the bearings, what would you recommend?

I'm not going to ride it in these conditions anymore. It was only the third run and it looks like I've owned it for years. So I would like to put it back to near mint condition again. :)

Fast eddie makes cheap bearing sets. They may not be ideal for racing but would be perfect for bashing.

I ordered and just received front and rear m2c braces and three aluminium m2c diff cups + shims. Since I'll be getting it apart to clean it. I hosed it down and it was already a lot better, but I want to really clean it properly. And redo the lubrication all around.

If I replace the diff cups; should I replace the paper seals? Or do I just reuse the original ones?

Also, what oil do you suggest in all three diffs? I used the ones delivered in the kit. But I thought it wasn't really good enough to get it on some hills because of wheelspin...

Recent Popular Liked

Back