• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

Things have gotten out of hand....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Supradude26

Reaction score
So last year I had sold all of my remaining RC stuff off as I was busy with work o had no time, plus what I had was more basher than quality and I knew that I wanted good stuff the next time I got into it. As of the middle of September I had nothing, and after ordering my ET48.3, 7PX, charger and a couple batteries the Tekno bug hit me. 5 weeks and a SCT410.3 addition I have realized I've gone crazy. Every spring, piston, Tekno or otherwise upgrade etc available 5 sets of wheels and tires for the ET, 7 sets for the SCT, 5 bodies for each, more batteries and there are a lot more spares that are in my bins than this haha.I dont even want to talk about my crawler as that has probably as much work and parts into it as these 2 combined I can hardly fit all the packages for aftermarket things and the stock parts into the box the truck came in, and it was a big rtr lolol... Anyone else have this problem or is it just me?

20181031_232952.jpg

Welcome to the club!

I currently race the following cars at a club in my local area: EB410, ET410, SCT410, EB48 and ET48

I can't possibly fit all my gear into 1 pic, ha!

it sure is a fun hobby. i got out of RCs a few years ago too due to no free time too (new kid), thought i'd just give it up. But when the MT410 came out i gave it one last try. Now i've come to the realization that even if I don't have much time, i will some day, so i'll hang onto them. I really do love the hobby, building/tinkering even more than driving them usually because I can do that a few minutes at a time.
I had a crawler too, a Wraith with well over $1k into it, that was by far the most fun rig to work on, and i regret letting it go now (not to mention I lost a fortune). i almost picked up another one a few weeks ago. If i could somehow sneak it under the wife radar... ha ha.
A friend of mine who works at my LHS has 50 RCs... 38 cars and 12 planes. and somehow he's married. lol. The most i've had at once is 4 cars and 2 planes (and a few helis) and that was more than enough for me. i've always wanted to try a nitro though, if i can find a good condition rc10gt for around $100 i'd probably get one just to tinker with. I actually just picked up an old Losi 2wd SCT cheap (really wish tekno made a 2wd) just to mess with and let the kid play with. i forgot that the old Losi's use standard hardware so i don't even have tools to work on it... lol
The spare parts is something I have never gotten into though. I don't have spares for anything. if it breaks then i'll buy a replacement and wait a few days for it to show up. I could understand stocking up if you need to run a race though. it's been my experience that you usually don't need a lot of spare parts for the 1/8 stuff, they are really durable in general. and if there is an upgrade part then i'll usually just pony up the money for that VS buying fragile replacements.
it's a good clean hobby but it can sure get out of control quickly if you let it!

I started the hobby around 1984 as a young teen, I used my paper route money to save up and buy a Tamiya Hornet as my first kit, then eventually I would get a gold pan RC10... my first race experience was around 1986 and I wasn't close to prepared and was VERY intimidated, I just stuck to bashing around until I joined the military in 1992. I hit another race track again and felt a little more confident on the track but it just wasn't for me at the time, mostly because it was too expensive! After getting out of the military in 1996 I started flying RC Gliders, after I finished college and got my first decent paying job I got into .40 size planes and would quickly build up a collection of 8 planes. That was my passion until my twins were born in 2000, then I went on hiatus... slowly selling off all my planes except 1, I kept my P-51 "red tail" which was an homage to those fighter pilots who protected my grandfather in WWII, he was a tailgunner and thought his number was up toward the end of the war when a Tuskegee squadron stuck around and protected him throughout his very last bombing mission in the war. He would make it back to the states safely and meet my Grandmother. I would not be here if not for the Tuskegee protecting my grandfather.

Anyway, when my son turned 10, he wanted to get into racing RC Cars, so I finally got into club racing with proper funds to support the hobby and I've been hooked since 2010. Once every 3-4 years I'll take my RC plane back up for some flight time, but it's just no where near as much fun that I have racing on the track! My son lost interest in racing about the time he discovered girls, I hope someday to have grandchildren and maybe I will be able to get them interested in racing RC Cars before they start dating, ha!

Yeah there have been time in the past that I've had 5 or 6 rigs. I typically will buy a set of hinge pins and arms, and bumpers but the rear of this stuff is springs, all the aluminum and delrin shock parts, pistons, etc. Basically everything tekno makes for the 2 vehicles. I've never run any of my cars on tracks before so the setups were never a big deal to me. Now that I live close to a track I've been bitten by that bug so that's why, especially for the act I've gotten pretty much everything out there to change the tunes around. The et I just got a couple different springs and sway bars, tini shock shafts and delrin guides but as you know it comes with most everything else. I was running the universals till one broke so now I'm just waiting on the replacement from tekno. The one difference this time with any other time I've gone crazy is I never bought high end batteries/chargers before. I can definitely tell a difference there. My last nice radio was a 3pk-s so that should tel you how long it's been haha. Back then I was mostly nitro though... love the new 7px.. I actually am using all 7 channels on the crawler too. I just wish the weather was better around here...

I started the hobby around 1984 as a young teen, I used my paper route money to save up and buy a Tamiya Hornet as my first kit, then eventually I would get a gold pan RC10... my first race experience was around 1986 and I wasn't close to prepared and was VERY intimidated, I just stuck to bashing around until I joined the military in 1992. I hit another race track again and felt a little more confident on the track but it just wasn't for me at the time, mostly because it was too expensive! After getting out of the military in 1996 I started flying RC Gliders, after I finished college and got my first decent paying job I got into .40 size planes and would quickly build up a collection of 8 planes. That was my passion until my twins were born in 2000, then I went on hiatus... slowly selling off all my planes except 1, I kept my P-51 "red tail" which was an homage to those fighter pilots who protected my grandfather in WWII, he was a tailgunner and thought his number was up toward the end of the war when a Tuskegee squadron stuck around and protected him throughout his very last bombing mission in the war. He would make it back to the states safely and meet my Grandmother. I would not be here if not for the Tuskegee protecting my grandfather.

Anyway, when my son turned 10, he wanted to get into racing RC Cars, so I finally got into club racing with proper funds to support the hobby and I've been hooked since 2010. Once every 3-4 years I'll take my RC plane back up for some flight time, but it's just no where near as much fun that I have racing on the track! My son lost interest in racing about the time he discovered girls, I hope someday to have grandchildren and maybe I will be able to get them interested in racing RC Cars before they start dating, ha!

Haha my first car was the Frog in about 1988 or 89 when I was in 7th or 8th grade...

back in those days my friends had a blackfoot and a boomerang. that boomerang was amazing. i couldnt afford the tamiyas, i had some cheap junky thing, later got a kyosho maxxum, wish i woulda held onto that rare one... then had the gold pan rc10 of course, another one that would have been cool to keep. got a build thread to your crawler?

Love it! My first was an AE RC10T2 and then I picked up the original RC10T. What a blast they were! Later on I had the Woods x-13 pan car.

I build my first rig (SCX10II) on a whim 3 years ago while I was laid up after hip surgery at age 45! I’d never built an RC car before. Now I’m working on my 4th- an ET48.3. The thoughtful concentration of building has been a great anecdote to the noisy, crazy world we live in. And a lot of my buddies golf or have other expensive hobbies that make the expense of RC stuff seem pretty reasonable really.

Recent Popular Liked

Back