• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

There is no techno 2wd buggies for racing. What would everyone choose as the next best option i should buy instead? I'm willing to spend the money..

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
There is no techno 2wd buggies for racing. What would be the best way to go for a great other buggy to win races? Budget being of no concern.

Take a look at HB racing, team associated, Losi (though that makes me cringe saying that), Mugen, Kyosho. There’s others as well it those will get you started. Team associated and Losi will probably be the cheapest in terms of $$ spent but they are still just as good IMO. I know a lot of people who run The B6.1d and B6.1 and they rock. But the closest thing to a Tekno would be the HB 2wd buggy. I want to say the b217 or d217. I don’t remember. I don’t know anyone who races it though so I have no input on that other than HB is super durable but more expensive.

I believe the current national champ was won by Associated if I'm not mistaken... however XRay is the top dog at the club in my area for 1/10 2WD 17.5T Stock Buggy on turf. Only issue I have with XRay is they are super expensive... if budget is any concern, then Associated would be my next in line on the pecking order.

I believe the current national champ was won by Associated if I'm not mistaken... however XRay is the top dog at the club in my area for 1/10 2WD 17.5T Stock Buggy on turf. Only issue I have with XRay is they are super expensive... if budget is any concern, then Associated would be my next in line on the pecking order.
Thanks to everyone. I do like xray buggies. My budget is not limited.

If your track only stocks parts for Associated, then I would probably get that car... XRay is more durable, but it can be frustrating if you don't have parts readily available for it at the track when something breaks :(

I like my TLR 22 4.0. They do well at my track. But I'd say that or the B6.1D are good choices. I'm basing that off of price, parts availability and set-up info.

I’m using the b6.1 on clay. Many here at ocrc started to run yokomo. Only one X-ray driver here out of hundreds of drivers. Top 3 cars for 2wd are associated, losi and yokomo. The kid with the X-ray does well. Ty Tessman did well last weekend with his X-ray during the Surf City Classic’s.

All these cars are pretty similar. I’d go with what your local track supports. That way you get dialed in fast and start enjoying racing sooner.

Take a look at HB racing, team associated, Losi (though that makes me cringe saying that), Mugen, Kyosho. There’s others as well it those will get you started. Team associated and Losi will probably be the cheapest in terms of $$ spent but they are still just as good IMO. I know a lot of people who run The B6.1d and B6.1 and they rock. But the closest thing to a Tekno would be the HB 2wd buggy. I want to say the b217 or d217. I don’t remember. I don’t know anyone who races it though so I have no input on that other than HB is super durable but more expensive.
I am seriously thinking about the 2019 xray kit. Opinion on that one if you don't mind.

I am seriously thinking about the 2019 xray kit. Opinion on that one if you don't mind.
X-ray is great. A lot of people swear by them. Nice thing is the kit generally comes with more carbon fiber parts than other brands that would require you to purchase separately. However the price for X-ray kits are quite a bit more expensive and will not guarantee a podium spot. Just depends on how much you want to spend.

Recent Popular Liked

Back