• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

The big question XR8 Plus or MAX8

rc_fan

Reaction score
I have a Hobbywing 4268SD 2200kv Sensored motor lying around.

Should I get an XR8 Plus or a complete Max 8 Sensorless Combo with 2200KV which is a 4274 motor?

Is the difference very big with an MT410?
What would you recommend?

I want to drive 4s!

pconcemi

Reaction score
Tekno RC's
EB410, MT410
I started with the XR8 Plus paired with the HobbyWing 4274 2250kv sensored motor and it ran great but when they say splash resistant they really me no water anywhere near the ESC. If you will never be in or around water (even snow as that is what killed mine) then the XR8 is great because it is a race esc that is very tunable. After mine died I got the Max8 but I preferred how it ran with fully sensored so I got a Mamba MonsterX because it is fully water proof but is also sensored. I am super happy with this setup because of how responsive it is. I have the Max8 in another truck paired with the EzRun 4274 and it is nice too so either way I think you will be happy.

Last edited:

Ifti

Reaction score
Tekno RC's
EB48
I would get the XR8 if you are planning to race - or if it were for a buggy.
For a truggy etc I would get the Max8.

Recent Popular Liked