• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

Tekno RC EB410 Gear Mesh

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WoodiE

Kind of good admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Driving Style
Basher
Ryan Lutz shares his tips on setting the gear mesh on the Tekno EB410 buggy.

NIce, I always used the paper trick. Dang, those carbon fiber parts look sweet

The lutz video is a great way to set the mesh on the eb410. I originally had mine a tad tight and after seeing his video i redid mine. Love my tekno so far!

I only have MOD1 type and I use the folded over paper method, I take a sticky note and fold it over a half inch, tear that off and then run it into the gear, hold the engine in against it after spinning it up and down a couple times. Tighten it and then spin the paper out.

Usually is spot on and has that little "tick" that he speaks of in the video above.

TT

I don't get it, I haven't stripped a gear yet "knock on wood" although per recommendations i have run it tight since day one. What do you guys think is the Exotex one worth the upgrade?

I am actually in the same boat as you two...still have original spur in my buggy and I got mine from the first release back in Sept 17'.

@PaulWa11 & @WdotDynamite
Just out of curiosity which rear braces are you guys running (if any)?

I am actually in the same boat as you two...still have original spur in my buggy and I got mine from the first release back in Sept 17'.

@PaulWa11 & @WdotDynamite
Just out of curiosity which rear braces are you guys running (if any)?

I'm all stock, no issues so far. But under closer inspection, it looks like the spur gear is a bit wobbly I mean no big deal it works but that's what's got me thinking it might be time to change it? it just looks off center like the plastic mold was off

I have a theory that most of the issues are when running the longer rear brace. It moves the flex point in the chassis closer the the center differ, which in turn would cause it to move when the chassis flexes. My thoughts are when running just the short rear brace or no brace the flex point is further back and not affecting the center diff as much. Also if you are running on a track that doesn't have a lot of loose debris then it probably helps as well. The clearance between the 81t spur and the chassis is very little. So a very small rock or piece of debris can jam in there very easily.

Recent Popular Liked

Back