• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

Tekno out of business??? Really want a MT410

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spadednick88

Reaction score
Hello guys. So after continuously blowing my kraton diffs I'm looking into the 410. Problem is all my LHS are telling me the company is gone and parts are gonna disappear. Any word on this?? Rc world is broken ATM

My main hobby shop stocks their parts. Straight told me the big hobbico problems right now affected tekno

Hope it comes back. Be a big blow to hobby to loose Tower Hobby.

It wasn't just 1. It was 3. My main one carried their parts is who I asked first. Then called 2 others trying to find a 410 kit and both places said they are going out. I really hope not. I want to buy a MT but also don't want parts to be unavailable

It wasn't just 1. It was 3. My main one carried their parts is who I asked first. Then called 2 others trying to find a 410 kit and both places said they are going out. I really hope not. I want to buy a MT but also don't want parts to be unavailable
It is possible that those hobby shops talk to each other. I haven’t had any issue getting parts for my tekno mt. I stopped walking into hobby shops a while ago. The most successful hobby shop near me is a drone fpv shop that does 99.99% of their business on line called Piroflip rc.

They are very confused and relying on misinformation. Arrma parts have been the ones that have been difficult to find lately because they were owned by Hobbico. Tekno is alive and well.

They are very confused and relying on misinformation. Arrma parts have been the ones that have been difficult to find lately because they were owned by Hobbico. Tekno is alive and well.

what Charlie Hall said, and yes that link works. SMH

Horizon bought Hobbico and they recently came on as a Tekno retailer as well. The only thing making Tekno kits hard to come by is their popularity. Horizon has the MT410 in stock as well.

Horizon is now a Tekno distributor. Horizon also requires a large order investment that is difficult for small hobbyshops. Tekno is strong as ever and not going anywhere. Your hobbyshop is just disgruntled by the change of distribution. There are plenty of Tekno distributors. If you don’t care for Horizon try http://fiercercsolutions.com

I was just about to recommend checking out fierce solutions as well.

@Spadednick88 I think your local hobby shop(s) are off their rocker or very confused. Tekno is not part of the Hobbico umbrella (you can see their brands here). I don't have any inside information, but I agree with the others here - tekno isn't going out of business nor has there even been any mention of it.

Tekno is still going strong. They aren't going anywhere anytime soon. Sounds like those hobbyshops need to not listen to any gossip. My go to is Pete who runs Fierce RC Solutions. Great guy and almost always has parts in stock with very fast shipping.

Tower Hobbies just got more mt410s in stock this week so it looks like stock is starting to flow again.

Recent Popular Liked

Back