• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

Tekno mt 410 diffs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jrbkeb2015

Reaction score
Hello fellow tekno enthusiasts im having a issue with my tekno mt 410 im hoping someone can help out with so i bought brand new mt 410 kit put it together exactly as manuel says so i go out run 1 time and my rear diff gives out take it apart and the spider gears are shattered so i rebuild them with new gears and a new cup go out run again 1 time same issue idk whats going on im not running it hard im only using 4s and a 2200kv motor and ibe built several difs in my rc lifetime so i know im doing it rite.. Ive ordered sttel diff cupps for the truck hope this helps resolve my issue but if anyone else has any ideas please lmk. Thanks

Attachments

• 20200412_153436.jpg
    20200412_153436.jpg
    128.3 KB · Views: 274
Hello fellow tekno enthusiasts im having a issue with my tekno mt 410 im hoping someone can help out with so i bought brand new mt 410 kit put it together exactly as manuel says so i go out run 1 time and my rear diff gives out take it apart and the spider gears are shattered so i rebuild them with new gears and a new cup go out run again 1 time same issue idk whats going on im not running it hard im only using 4s and a 2200kv motor and ibe built several difs in my rc lifetime so i know im doing it rite.. Ive ordered sttel diff cupps for the truck hope this helps resolve my issue but if anyone else has any ideas please lmk. Thanks
Maybe wheel size is the problem?What tires are you using?

I had the same issue and changed about 10 spider gears in front and rear diffs.
The steel cups did not help.
The solution for me was:
1.Turn the diff screws firmly, i also used treadlock.
2. I put away one of two shims inside the diff. It helped the diff to rotate more freely.

And last. After spiders broke you need to ispect the holes in the diff outdrives and clean it from the parts of the broken spider gears before you assembly the diff.

What I find interesting, is that it is the MT410s that primarily seem to have this issue. This makes me think it is more the tires/wheels that could be causing the problem. Maybe not always but a lot of the times. Especially since all the 1/8 scale platforms are designed using a lot of the same parts, specifically the drive line.

Just a thought I had, I actually don't have an MT410 so can't actually compare for myself.

Its a quality problem with Tekno. My first set of spider gears lasted forever...until I put some ridiculous tires on it. Went back to Backflips and I'm running through gears like they're a consumable part. Its been discussed on the Facebook blog. Very frustrating but I'm sure it'll get worked out.

Its a quality problem with Tekno. My first set of spider gears lasted forever...until I put some ridiculous tires on it. Went back to Backflips and I'm running through gears like they're a consumable part. Its been discussed on the Facebook blog. Very frustrating but I'm sure it'll get worked out.
What tires did you use that caused the problems? Not the backflips? I do know the backflips 6s are not recommended but the 4s seems like the most popular choice for the MT410

A also think that it is a quality problems. Before changes i wrote earlier spider gears broke after 1-4 packs. After mods. approx. 50 packs ok and no wear. I use backflips 6s for bashing and aka gridiron for track on mt410. Spiders broke on both, no difference.

Recent Popular Liked

Back