• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

Tekno ET48.3 Power Hungry

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Overkill

Reaction score
Tekno RC's
  1. EB48
  2. ET48
Driving Style
Basher
M2C wide truggy chassis

1.png

I countersunk 6 holes to create a different layout. 3 for the ESC plate, 2 for the receiver box, and 1 for the wire guide.

2.png

Tekno wire guide (TKR4106)

3.png

Tekno EB48 2.0 stand-alone receiver box (TKR9065)

4.png

M2C ESC plate rotated 90* and moved further inward, I love the versatility of this plate.

5.png

Kydex 2mm sheet for the battery supports, then shaped with a heat gun.

27.png

All Racing 7075 gearbox. These use much larger 5x15x5 pinion bearings, which is a major plus for big power builds like this.

22.png

Losi HD center diff case with 40T Fly Ratio spur gear.

26.png

Proline Badlands 5.85"

23.png

Belted with vectran braid (stronger than Kevlar)

21.png

Cordova 1440 (40x102mm) 2000kv. This motor is absolutely amazing, it makes a ton of power and runs ice cold regardless of gearing. I'm currently running 24/40 gearing.

25.png

Castle MMX 8S. Castle did a really great job with the design of this ESC.

6.png

TPP 40mm aluminum case fan. The stock plastic fan broke very quickly.

16.png

OSE 8mm anti-spark connectors

7.png

Proline thumbwasher kit

18.png

Turnigy Graphene V2 6S 5000mah

20.png

Servo turned around, along with a hole for the wire exit, for the M2C wide chassis.

9.png

M2C 7075 center chassis brace

Exotek steering assembly. The stock one works great, just wanted to try it.

8.png

O-ring for a rear motor support
40mm ID, 6mm width

13.png

I like the ESC positioned here much better.

12.png

Last edited:
Fan wires go through this Tekno wire guide, attached to the M2C 7075 center to rear chassis brace.

11.png

Aluminum case fan is a direct fit, much better than stock and it stays running the whole time.

17.png

10.png

15.png

14.png

Leadfinger NT48.3 body

19.png

Last edited:
Looks absolutely insane!!

I didn't catch what the 6 new holes you drilled in the chassis allowed you to do.

Can't wait to see the vids.

Have you tried the new belted Badlands? I wonder if they'd hold up to that motor.

Thanks. The ESC plate is mounted to the chassis with 3 screws, so the design allows you to move it wherever you want. I turned the ESC plate 90* and moved it further inward. I shaved off the stock receiver box and mounted the EB48 2.0 stand-alone receiver box on the other side with 2 screws. The last hole I made was for the wire guide, for the servo and ESC wires.

I like that Proline is making belted tires but my method is stronger and lighter. My belting process can handle extreme power without breaking, even with the front tires in the air trying to unload. It also weighs virtually nothing. I really love the original Badlands, they’re my favorite tire for traction and being light weight.

This picture shows the standard layout.

0054A1DF-AE63-4109-9B1C-8207286292DE.jpeg

This is low speed part throttle driving. This truggy is an absolute monster, it’s hard to stay on the ground. It will flip over backwards easily from a roll.

@Overkill How are those allracing gearbox cases when it comes to inserting the diffs and diff shims?

I find with the plastic stock ones can be tricky to get the diff shim to sit properly into the groovesf or the output bearings without bending the shims.

I do try to shave angled channels into the cases by using an x-acto knife but it doesn't always work.

They're the same as stock in that regard and I didn't use any shims on this one. I honestly can't remember the last time I've needed to use a shim with the Tekno gearboxes, they're that good. If you're having trouble, you can try spreading a very thin layer of grease on the shim so it sticks to the bearing during insertion.

Overkill, those are fun vids. Only partial throttle? Would love to see full speed. Do you have a GPS? I am keen to know what the top speed is.

I have some belted badlands which I am going to put to the test soon.

Yup, it requires a huge open field to stretch her legs out and even then it's still difficult to keep the front end down. I would need to use smaller tires or a custom wheelie bar to keep it on the ground, or have access to a long fairway on a 5 par hole lol. I do have a GPS but the last time I tried it, it was having issues. Good luck (y)

Kudos. If you have the skyrc 4 point scale or similar you might want to check the mass balance, just in case.

Sweet build man. Just wondering why are you using the losi HD diff? Also, although I think the All racing gearboxes look cool, I'm not a fan of adding more weight than needed. That's more kinetic energy expended somewhere when you crash, hard turn, etc. Big reason why the Arrma speed chassis are becoming more popular than their heavier weight 4 mm counter parts, since they hold up just as well in a bash session.

Last edited:
Thanks. I use the Losi case because the Fly Ratio 40T and 35T spurs fit it, I like power. :) The All Racing gearbox is very important to this build. The larger pinion bearings make a big difference in durability when you’re pushing this amount of power. The weight difference isn’t that much with the aluminum gearbox, having light tires makes the biggest difference.

They're the same as stock in that regard and I didn't use any shims on this one. I honestly can't remember the last time I've needed to use a shim with the Tekno gearboxes, they're that good. If you're having trouble, you can try spreading a very thin layer of grease on the shim so it sticks to the bearing during insertion.
I always found that going by the build manual and using a shim each side 0.2mm? Ensures a good mesh between the diff pion and ring gear.

Only problem is they often don’t quite sit into the channels when piecing the two gearbox halves together and then splay out and get bent.

Overkill what diff oils are you running f/c/r?

Thanks!

I always found that going by the build manual and using a shim each side 0.2mm? Ensures a good mesh between the diff pion and ring gear.

Only problem is they often don’t quite sit into the channels when piecing the two gearbox halves together and then splay out and get bent.
The shims are optional, not required. I haven't had a need for them in a very long time. They can be delicate, you just have to take your time.

Overkill what diff oils are you running f/c/r?

Thanks!
60k, front
1m, center
30k, rear

Custom wheelie bar :)

Thanks to Miles Scarboro for the carbon plate, he can provide any size plate you need.

WheelieBar1.png

You'll need to countersink your own holes.

WheelieBar2.png

The HB Racing 7075 aluminum rod attaches to the wing mount, I just had it laying around and it worked perfect.

WheelieBar3.png

Integy wheel, never thought I would put a Integy product on a Tekno lol, but it looks pretty good.

WheelieBar4.png

The wheelie bar is performing really great. This is on a football field, which runs out of room real quick. High speed use will have to wait until the fall, the grass is just too high right now at most places.

WheelieBar5.png

Awesome stuff overkill!!! Haven’t checked in here in a while. That thing is Overkilltastic!!

It’s nice to stay on the ground, putting the power down with 29/40 gearing. :)

Recent Popular Liked

Back