• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

Tekin RX8 esc fan

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kinbar the Angry Toaster

Reaction score
Tekno RC's
  1. EB410
  2. EB48
Driving Style
Racer
I want to power the esc fan on my Tekin RX8 off my RX leaving the fan port open for the hotwire. I tried running a servo wire from my RX to power the fan on my esc. It seems the plug on the esc fan is too short (not deep enough to make contact) or just plain does not fit. I would prefer to not have to solder/change the plug on the fan if I don't have to. Is there a special plug/adapter to go from the plug on the fan to a female servo connector? Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

I have never owned the tekin XR8 but it looks like the fan has a typical JR connector and should plug into the RX no problem.

It looks like it should fit, however, it seems like the plug does not go deep enough into the servo extension socket (i may have forgotten to mention I was using a servo extension in my previous post).

I want to power the esc fan on my Tekin RX8 off my RX leaving the fan port open for the hotwire. I tried running a servo wire from my RX to power the fan on my esc. It seems the plug on the esc fan is too short (not deep enough to make contact) or just plain does not fit. I would prefer to not have to solder/change the plug on the fan if I don't have to. Is there a special plug/adapter to go from the plug on the fan to a female servo connector? Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.
Hey, take a look at my response to your Hotwire post. Good news is, you do not keep the Hotwire in the car, so no need to any of this reconfiguration.

I have several RX8's and have done what you are trying to accomplish more than once, but Ive always just extended the lead to reach with solder etc. The fan plug is short, but i woukd think the extension would still work. Make sure your polarity is correct by plugging it in both ways too. Ive screwed that up several times too.

Recent Popular Liked

Back