• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

Surpass Taurus 4268 open can for off road.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Skynet5

Reaction score
Any thoughts on using an open can for off road. Not like mud! But astro/dirt 8th competition tracks.

I guess the wires will get a bit dirty but you can brush them out?

I don't see any reason not to use it for club racing, should run a lot cooler, I would hit the motor with compressed air after every run so it doesn't collect any dust and it should be perfectly fine... I've ran 540 open can motors in my 1/10 dirt cars without issue.

I'd love to get my hands on the 1550KV option, so if you see someone who has it in stock, let me know!

I'm seriously considering getting back into 1/8 racing again, the turnout for 1/10 classes in my area has significantly dropped off, but if I go back to 1/8, I'm definitely going with 6S for sure!

I did find an eBay seller listing the 1550KV motor for $90, but Banggood is selling them for $65, shrug

Last edited:
Thanks @Billl DeLong

They seem to get good reviews and are apparently built in the same factory as HW.

£80 for the 2000kv Vs £120+ for the HW 4268 1900kv.

I want to get a spare set up and figure I should explore some cheap options if I can.

Take a look at rocket motors, if you would like a decent cheap motor.

You can buy them on ebay, I think they ship from China but you can have a motor for about £30-£40

Any particular reason why thinking about choosing an on-road can for off-road buggy? I'm just trying to wrap my head around the idea. Worried about heat issues and wanting a can with vents?

I was testing the waters with Surpass Hobby's sensorless 4068 motor in my buggy this past year. So far, so good. I've found I had to run a smaller pinion than I would have liked, but for the price I'm sold. I'm not sure if their sensorless motors will follow suit, but I intend to find out. When the planets align just right, and a new truggy falls in my lap, one of those Surpass Hobby Rocket Taurus 4274 motors will be my first choice.

Recent Popular Liked

Back