• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

Stronger body posts?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

L3 RC

Reaction score
Tekno RC's
  1. MT410
Driving Style
Basher
It took all of one pack to realize I’m gonna need beefier posts! Any suggestions?

I removed the stock posts and threaded in a 5/16 nylon post cut to length to fit my truck body. They thread in snugly without need for a jam nut.
Nylon nuts can adjust height. Drilled out to accept body clips. The nylon is flexible and inexpensive.

IMG_0030.JPG

Very nice!! Where didn you get the nylon from? Did you use a normal tap and die to get the threads or does it come threaded?

Also, did you have to make the body holes bigger?

I did basically the same thing by using extra posts from my Arrma Outcast. They are round and fit VERY snugly in the mount, but they hold up really well and I don't lose as many body clips with them.

Just put on the arrma outcast posts and had no breakages. I did lose 2 pins though. Gonna have to put on the rubber pin holders I think

Good suggestions from above.

I ran the HPI 107429 Body Mount and Posts but were a huge Fail for me. Lasted all of like 3min if that. Pretty disappointed to be honest. I know i suck at driving but really. They are the reason I did my tower braces and TA shock standoffs. After that they did last/work for 3 packs before I packed it up for the season. So, not a fix without a fix but much much better than the bubblegum stock ones

I modified mine with i think traxxas posts (cant recall) , cut off the nub where the clips goes, and drilled a small hole and threaded a grub screw in to use the proline body hold downs. so I basically made a ghetto version of the ProLine. I also have an actual set of the pro-line body post kit waiting on standby when these break...

1B660A53-5365-4F45-B322-30CCD592511D.jpeg

Get an extra post or two on a center brace. This will completely stop any body post issues! And bodies will last much much longer. I’m definitely not saying to go as overkill as I did , but somehow incorporate at least a 4th and 5th post more central on the truck. There’s a 100 ways it can be done and it’ll save you body and post money in the long run.

Nice! Aside from the extra post, I may just grab some aluminum stick and bend it a bit to the contour of the body. That's one thing I love about my Kraton - the center support tower.

Here’s one more example on another one of my D8t monsters. These posts support a VW Bug body.
B83A2308-1C5A-4053-BD89-F4C75CDC7245.jpeg

I think it’s pretty obvious that this is overkill...and not a necessity. But I have never broken a single body post and my bodies take ten times the abuse when supported this way. This is also a chassis brace, and a place to mount an esc when using oversized motors.

Wow. Are those mods really needed?

I followed the experts as I had no experience with Tekno when I built my MT410. I was told it was not needed but good insurance if things got a little crazy. To be different but still keep the concept, I used and old Aluminum Arrow shaft. It lasted 1/2 a run, bent and split right at the diff area. So, the chassis does flex as it was designed to and in turn if you don't have a brace the body posts try to push the body F/R depending on which way you land. Truggy bodies have a enlongated body hole for some flex so you don't rip the body to shreds.

Now, I am basically a noob who can do a backflip if I am lucky. I am usually not lucky so I land on its ass a lot and that's where I have ruined a body in one short season.

Tekno is like all other RC's in the body post area from what I can see. The bigger your jump and the less control you have wont matter if it says Tekno, Losi, Arrma, Traxxas etc.
Arrow Fail IMG_3006.jpg

Last edited:
Makes sense now. Most of my rc's have longer post and seem to flex with the body. I can now see how post that are close to the chassis can cause the body open the mount holes.

i'm running the proline mounts and have had no issues thus far

Bought some (for e-revo) an they are whay too big for the square holes of the stock mount. Did you mod them or get another version? Got a reference maybe?

Recent Popular Liked

Back