• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

Steering Servo

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kinbar the Angry Toaster

Reaction score
Tekno RC's
  1. EB410
  2. EB48
Driving Style
Racer
I finally got my EB48 2.0 all put together. I am having an odd issue with my steering servo. When I turn left or right and let the wheel go back to center it "bounces" and makes a rattling sound. I am running a Protek 170 SBL servo, Futaba 7PXR radio, Futaba R334SBS RX, Tekin RX8 G3 on a gensacearespammers 4s lipo. I have a video (MP4 format, on my hard drive) so if it would be helpful and someone can tell me how to upload (tried going thru attach files) I can do that.

I know the servo is high voltage could this be the issue? I read the ESC owners manual and do not see anywhere to set the BEC to 7.4.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Sounds like you are experiencing "glitching" and no you shouldn't need to increase the voltage above 6.0V.

I know Futaba radios can be finicky and you might need to change the frame rate on the radio until you find a frequency pattern that is compatible with your servo. You might have it set for a Futaba servo and need to change the frame rate to "Normal" mode. I don't run Futaba so can't help you there, but that's my guess on what's happening.

Good Luck!

I'll check that out. I have used this particular servo in 3 different cars, two of them with the 7PXR. Really hoping there is not something wrong with the servo.

Thank you

If you know that the servo is good, did you set the EPA yet? You might be experiencing a brown out if the servo is binding after going too far past the steering stops, that will cause the BEC to overload and the servo may jitter on you.

If it's an older radio and the problem persists with a different servo, then it might be a bad potentimeter (pot) on the steering control. I've had this happen where the steering is only glitchy around the neutral zone, but seems to work fine from full lock right or left, if that's the case then I bet it's a bad pot.

Unfortunately everything is brand new. Probably, knowing my luck, just outside of return policy in case something is bad. Although, A Main Hobbies is usually pretty good about taking care of things. The radio works great on the other 3 rigs it is bound to.

Unfortunately everything is brand new. Probably, knowing my luck, just outside of return policy in case something is bad. Although, A Main Hobbies is usually pretty good about taking care of things. The radio works great on the other 3 rigs it is bound to.
Have you tried switching the receiver/transmitrer to 'high speed' mode?

You can find how to do this in the owners manual on Futaba's website.

I have tried the T-FHSS SR protocol and the T-FHSS protocol. There was no change using either protocol. I could not use the S-FHSS or FASST protocols.

I am not sure how to change the framerate with this TX/RX combo.

I talked to A-Main Hobbies today via chat (they are awesome BTW). The tech said since the radio and servo response was so fast, this was causing the issue. He referred me to pages 88 and 89 of the Futaba 7PXR manual to slow the return response. I will let you all know how this worked out when I get home.

Thank you all again.

Recent Popular Liked

Back