• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

Spare /Replacement parts for MT410

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

antigacho

Reaction score
Tekno RC's
  1. EB410
  2. MT410
Driving Style
Basher
I’m sure that everyone knows about the Tekno 50% off replacement program for any of their broken parts (bent shafts resulting from use and normal wear are not covered)

Awesome support in my opinion but unfortunately in my case, it is not very useful because you have to send back at your cost the broken part to receive a discount coupon at Tekno online store and pay for the replacement shipping again. In my experience sometimes the international shipping cost is higher than the parts itself.

I also have to deal whit shipping that takes months to arrive, so despite the MT410 is and a sturdy machine I would like to get covered for broken parts. So which parts do you recommend to have as backup replacements?

For example found a great price and I ordered the front and rear arms and sway bar kitted at DollarHobbyz, Which other spare parts should you recommend? Drive Shafts, Body post, screws?

Last edited:
I haven't broken a thing yet. I have seen some people breaking the body mounts and steering post plate/cover.

Lots of third party parts from m2c help with some of the more common breakages.

That's a sweet plan, on the 50% off replacements. Bummer to wait for them to get my broken part, then to wait for the coupon, then to wait for the shipping to get the part back to me. I'll probably just order what ever I break and then use the coupon to by an extra at half off. That way you always have one to replace a broken part with.

I haven't broken a thing yet. I have seen some people breaking the body mounts and steering post plate/cover.

Lots of third party parts from m2c help with some of the more common breakages.
Those M2C braces look great, apparently, those are some of the few upgrades needed for MT410m I also notice some other carbon fiber upgrades from Xtreme Racing but I think that carbon fiber and bashing is a bad combination

The center brace is really good quality, it's never going to break! I have seen a few people snap the carbon brace, probably not that good for bashing.

Agreed, CF is good for racing as it weighs very little but I wouldn't touch it for this rig.
i just installed the m2c center brace, it is very beefy. didnt fit perfectly though, it hits the servo box, i had a hard time getting the screw holes to line up. i had to persuade it to fit in with some muscle. not sure if I got a weird one or what? i might shave down the servo mounts to gain a tiny bit of room that I think it needs.
Gotta think about upgrading plastic to alloy though, the plastic flex is what keeps things from breaking. if you stiffen everything up completely then more damage will happen. it's just so tempting to install parts that are stronger but sometimes it's actually a negative effect... i will still install more alloy stuff just because I can't resist the upgrade bug!

anyawys I wouldn't worry about being in Mexico, the tekno plastic parts are very very durable, you will very rarely break anything unless you hit a wall at top speed, then yes you will break multiple things as any RC!

I think that
Agreed, CF is good for racing as it weighs very little but I wouldn't touch it for this rig.
i just installed the m2c center brace, it is very beefy. didnt fit perfectly though, it hits the servo box, i had a hard time getting the screw holes to line up. i had to persuade it to fit in with some muscle. not sure if I got a weird one or what? i might shave down the servo mounts to gain a tiny bit of room that I think it needs.
Gotta think about upgrading plastic to alloy though, the plastic flex is what keeps things from breaking. if you stiffen everything up completely then more damage will happen. it's just so tempting to install parts that are stronger but sometimes it's actually a negative effect... i will still install more alloy stuff just because I can't resist the upgrade bug!

anyawys I wouldn't worry about being in Mexico, the tekno plastic parts are very very durable, you will very rarely break anything unless you hit a wall at top speed, then yes you will break multiple things as any RC!

I think that the center brace from M2C could wait, I don't like to hear that it doesn't fit well either.
I will follow reports of broken parts just to be prepared

Reactions: Hye
I’m sure that everyone knows about the Tekno 50% off replacement program for any of their broken parts (bent shafts resulting from use and normal wear are not covered)

I actually did NOT know that! Have you ever taken advantage of it? How hard is it to make the claim?

I had the same experience. The holes on my M2C center brace did not line up well either. And I did exactly as instructed and did not tighten all screws down until all were started. I hope I don't have to remove it because I'm not sure I could get the threads to match up again after having to wrench it down so aggressively.

Awesome support in my opinion but unfortunately in my case, it is not very useful because you have to send back at your cost the broken part to receive a discount coupon at Tekno online store and pay for the replacement shipping again. In my experience sometimes the international shipping cost is higher than the parts itself.

I also have to deal whit shipping that takes months to arrive, so despite the MT410 is and a sturdy machine I would like to get covered for broken parts. So which parts do you recommend to have as backup replacements?

For example found a great price and I ordered the front and rear arms and sway bar kitted at DollarHobbyz, Which other spare parts should you recommend? Drive Shafts, Body post, screws?
The arms are the toughest around. Seldom break. I would keep diff parts and oil just because it will be used up during normal maintenance. Of course pinion gears and spurs if you use composite. Maybe a spare axle? And, if things are really bad, a spare body. They tend to break along with mounts.

Since you would have to wait a while for parts I would probably keep on hand a set of front arms and axles and turnbuckles just in case you have a high-speed Collision! And arm hinges.

I didn't knew there was a 50% warranty. That's cool

I had no clue about the 50% thing. But all my parts that need to be replaced are bent lol. I tell myself to cruise and enjoy. Next thing I know I’m airborne then cart wheeling down a hillside. Cruising is just not my thing.

That's a sweet plan, on the 50% off replacements. Bummer to wait for them to get my broken part, then to wait for the coupon, then to wait for the shipping to get the part back to me. I'll probably just order what ever I break and then use the coupon to by an extra at half off. That way you always have one to replace a broken part with.

The coupon is digital, so as soon as they confirm the parts the coupon will be emailed to you. When you use their return program you also need to use your coupon with in 14 days of getting it. So in other words plan to use it right away.

What I do;
Get some extra parts to have on hand. When things break save them until its worth the while to send a bunch of stuff at once and then while you wait you are still running. They accept anything they still make and have in stock. That includes all parts, bodies, wings and chassis, FYI.

The coupon is digital, so as soon as they confirm the parts the coupon will be emailed to you. When you use their return program you also need to use your coupon with in 14 days of getting it. So in other words plan to use it right away.

What I do;
Get some extra parts to have on hand. When things break save them until its worth the while to send a bunch of stuff at once and then while you wait you are still running. They accept anything they still make and have in stock. That includes all parts, bodies, wings and chassis, FYI.
Great advice

What I do;

I do pretty much the same. I have a sandwich baggie full right now that I haven't bothered with yet.:rolleyes::eek:

The coupons were a very very minor selling point for me as if the stock ?? breaks i would upgrade that part anyhow unless i felt it was a fluke. The worst part (For me) is that Tekno is literally 20min from my house but no storefront so i can't just walk in with a box of broken parts and say here, just send me a coupoun at anytime. Not going to box stuff up to ship when they are that close but glad the service is there for others.

The coupons were a very very minor selling point for me as if the stock ?? breaks i would upgrade that part anyhow unless i felt it was a fluke. The worst part (For me) is that Tekno is literally 20min from my house but no storefront so i can't just walk in with a box of broken parts and say here, just send me a coupoun at anytime. Not going to box stuff up to ship when they are that close but glad the service is there for others.
lucky you, tekno has zero support in Mexico. I have to wait around 45 day for replacements and pay expensive shipments

Recent Popular Liked

Back