• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

410.3 Skyrc cheetah 8.5t 4000KV for new sct410 build?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Owacle

Reaction score
Anyone had any experience with these? It’s quite a bit cheaper than other options available for me locally (Vancouver Canada). Only concern I have is potential quality issues. Anyone know anything about these?

I have had nothing but problems from every single SkyRC brand ESC that I bought from them, I bought a total of 6 ESC's altogether and I experienced a 100% fail rate. I will not buy another SkyRC brand ESC again personally, in contrast I have used many of their motors over the years and they are decent quality, though I have had problems with incompatibility with the sensor board (on the 4 pole motors) not working with my HobbyWing ESC's, I was forced to run the SkyRC motor in sensorless mode.

I have not specifically used the 8.5T motor you referenced, but I would expect to work just fine for you.

Good Luck!

I have had nothing but problems from every single SkyRC brand ESC that I bought from them, I bought a total of 6 ESC's altogether and I experienced a 100% fail rate. I will not buy another SkyRC brand ESC again personally, in contrast I have used many of their motors over the years and they are decent quality, though I have had problems with incompatibility with the sensor board (on the 4 pole motors) not working with my HobbyWing ESC's, I was forced to run the SkyRC motor in sensorless mode.

I have not specifically used the 8.5T motor you referenced, but I would expect to work just fine for you.

Good Luck!
Very good to know. I tend to try use the “buy less, buy better” mantra, but sometimes prices doesn’t mean better. Thanks!

https://www.canadahobbies.ca/produc...ole-sensored-brushless-motor-1410-3800kv-5mm/

Good Luck!
So I contacted skyrc directly to say that some racers have expressed concern with their reliability. I was hoping for some kind of “if you have trouble, we will back it up”. Their response was basically: “we don’t really care”. So that’s good. Bullet dodged!
Thanks Bill!
Now I need to find a local supplier for a solid motor esc combo.

Recent Popular Liked

Back