• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

Similarities

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Tekno RC's
  1. MT410
Driving Style
Basher
I'm trying to find out if the EB48 and MT410 share parts, such as chassis, or are very similar to where I could turn an MT410 in to a racer. I'm not so much interested in "factory spec" so much as I am fitment. I know the arms and links and CVD's would have to be swapped out to achieve a narrower stance but is there anything else I would need to replace to make it work? The reason I ask is because I went racing for the first time on Saturday with my MT410 that has an EB48 body and wing and buggy tires. A lot of the guys that saw it said it looks like a buggy chassis with truggy arms. I know the shock housings and shafts are the same but would I need to swap towers? Would I need to swap axle carriers? TIA.

Yes, it can be done, but will be very impracticable, and you will end up with an EB48.3 when all is done.

It would be far more cost effective to sell your MT410 and use that cash to buy a used EB48.4 where chances are you will almost break even on the switch.

Go down the list of parts for the EB48.3 and cross reference every part with the MT410 to see what you need to replace... off the top of my head... shock towers, shocks, arms, turnbuckles and drive shafts... just those parts alone are way too expensive to convert IMO, especially because the .3 is 2 generations old... the EB48 2.0 should be released in the not too distant future.

Last edited:
Thanks Bill. Much appreciated.

Today I found the exact parts I need to convert it to buggy, EB48.3 to be exact but it's not "Exact" which I don't care about because the only real differences in stock setup of the buggy after the parts are installed is shock and diff fluid for racing. I compared part numbers and it can be done for less than $100 in parts alone and utilizing existing MT410 parts. Obviously, there's the shock / diff oil swaps as needed for racing at a cost.

Last edited:
Ok you peaked my curiosity:

$12 - TKR5123 – Turnbuckle (steering links, 2pcs)
$0 - 122mm Front Shocks from MT410 will fit EB48.3 rear socks but will need new rear springs
$10 - TKR6034 – Shock Spring Set (rear, 1.4×9.0T, 85mm, red)
$0 - Both front and rear shock towers are the same
$25 - TKR6002 – Shock Body (for 107mm shocks, aluminum, hard anodized, 2pcs)
$10 - TKR6004 – Shock Shafts (for 107mm shocks, steel, 2pcs)
$5 - TKR6143 – Shock Boots (for 107mm shocks, 2pcs)
$10 - TKR6035 – Shock Spring Set (front, 1.5×9.0T, 70mm, pink)
$15 - TKR8286 – Suspension Arms (front, EB/NB48.4)
$15 - TKR5030B – Suspension Arms (rear, EB/NB48, revised, xtra tough)
$24 - 2 x TKR5050 – Turnbuckle (camber link, front/rear, 2pcs)
$40 - 2 x TKR5072 – Driveshafts (front/rear, hardened steel, EB/NB, 2pcs)
$30 - TKR8245 – Body (.040 lexan, EB48/48.3/48.4, SL, w/ window mask)
$15 - TKR5292W – Wing (high downforce, hole guides, ROAR legal, white)
$6 - TKR5018 – Front Bumper
$15 - TKR5026 – Wing Mount, Body Mount Set
$4 - TKR1221 – M3x8mm Washer (black, 10pcs)
$8 - TKR1220 – M3 Countersunk Washers (aluminum, natural, 10pcs)
$4 - TKR1402 – M3x8mm Button Head Screws (black, 10pcs)
$4 - TKR1524 – M3x12mm Cap Head Screws (black, 10pcs)
$4 - TKR1525 – M3x14mm Cap Head Screws (black, 10pcs)
$4 -
TKR1323 – M3x10mm Flat Head Screws (black, 10pcs)

Total = $260

In order to get the list of hardware needed, I used this list for converting the SCT410 to the EB48SL which is similar to what you are wanting to do

You can get a used EB48.4 roller which has tons more upgrades compared to your equivalent of an EB48.3 for about the same price:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Tekno-EB48...ng-Slider-Chassis-w-Custom-Body-/283653751274

Last edited:
I already have the body and wing and front bumper mounted , because I raced it this past weekend, and I have and extra complete set of screws and washers. I'm buying the arms, steering links, camber links and driveshafts. The shock body and shafts are the same as the MT410 so I'm using those along with other parts to make it work initially. I'll probably swap springs and fluids later on after I build it and drive it.

what you have invested so far are consumables that will will need to be replaced over time anyway... still will be better off selling the MT410 then upgrading to the EB48.4 instead of spending the same money to build an EB48.3... it's a no brainer

the MT410 does not come with 107mm front shocks which are used for the EB48

EB48.3 FRONT SHOCK.jpg
MT410 FRONT SHOCK.jpg
EB48.3 FRONT SHOCK.jpgMT410 FRONT SHOCK.jpg

I see a few differences but the housing and the shaft are the same. Technically, I'm not building an EB48.3 but I'm making my MT410 better suited for racing than it is now.

Pretty much done except changing the shock fluid and possibly the diff fluids. The front sway bar isn't a correct fit so I'll probably trim it off.

MT410 buggy.jpg

Recent Popular Liked

Back