• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

She’s Alive!!! MT410 Completion....For Now

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Tekno RC's
  1. EB410
  2. MT410
  3. SCT410
Driving Style
Racer
Started this build two weeks ago. Since this is my first RC I had quite the learning curve. Luckily I live a minute away from an awesome RC car hobby shop with indoor track. Those guys recommended the Tekno MT410 and had one on hand for a demo run.
I walked out with the kit and started the build. Added the following components;
Alum servo horn
OMG 32kg waterproof servo
PL 3.8” Badlands
PL F-150 Raptor body
Gens Ace 7500 4S battery
Spektrum DX5 Rugged tx and receiver
Tekin RX8 gen3/T8 2000kv motor

Took it out for its maiden run yesterday and what a BLAST!! This is one hell of a beast. Cracked my newly painted body, stripped the plastic servo horn, drained the rear shocks, and shaved down my spur gear a bit. All is fixed now and I reinforced the body with Gorilla tape. Took it out again today and was able to open it up a bit. Damn this thing takes a beating and keeps on going. Now on to bashing more challenging terrain.

Started this build two weeks ago. Since this is my first RC I had quite the learning curve. Luckily I live a minute away from an awesome RC car hobby shop with indoor track. Those guys recommended the Tekno MT410 and had one on hand for a demo run.
I walked out with the kit and started the build. Added the following components;
Alum servo horn
PL 3.8” Badlands
PL F-150 Raptor body
Gens Ace 7500 4S battery

Took it out for its maiden run yesterday and what a BLAST!! This is one hell of a beast. Cracked my newly painted body, stripped the plastic servo horn, drained the rear shocks, and shaved down my spur gear a bit. All is fixed now and I reinforced the body with Gorilla tape. Took it out again today and was able to open it up a bit. Damn this thing takes a beating and keeps on going. Now on to bashing more challenging terrain.

Nice!! I’m looking at getting a MT410 myself!! Is the stock spur gear plastic?? Or did you not have it meshed properly??

Alum servo horn
PL 3.8” Badlands
PL F-150 Raptor body
Gens Ace 7500 4S battery

Nice looking build!!

Nice!! I’m looking at getting a MT410 myself!! Is the stock spur gear plastic?? Or did you not have it meshed properly??
Yes stock is composite. Not 100% sure on the mesh. I pushed the pinion gear in as close as it would go but it still felt a little loose. I think the screws that secure motor mesh may not have been tight enough and allowed the pinion gear to back out a little bit. Just enough to shave off the tips of the gear. I plan on getting new spur gears (steel and composite) just in case the steel one is too noisy.

Yes stock is composite. Not 100% sure on the mesh. I pushed the pinion gear in as close as it would go but it still felt a little loose. I think the screws that secure motor mesh may not have been tight enough and allowed the pinion gear to back out a little bit. Just enough to shave off the tips of the gear. I plan on getting new spur gears (steel and composite) just in case the steel one is too noisy.

Did the same here and sticking to composite. I really don’t like the sound of the metal gear, it is not appealing to me.

With good mesh, the plastic gear will hold. My mesh is not super tight, it is a bit more forgiving this way if something gets stuck between the teeth. Which happens regularly. You can also feel that rocks are hurting it, but it will keep running.

Last, in case of strong crash, it is your cheapest piece of insurance for your driveline. Your pinion will chew in it instead of damaging expensive outdrives.

Did the same here and sticking to composite. I really don’t like the sound of the metal gear, it is not appealing to me.

With good mesh, the plastic gear will hold. My mesh is not super tight, it is a bit more forgiving this way if something gets stuck between the teeth. Which happens regularly. You can also feel that rocks are hurting it, but it will keep running.

Last, in case of strong crash, it is your cheapest piece of insurance for your driveline. Your pinion will chew in it instead of damaging expensive outdrives.
Good point

Ok never thought of that.. just would hate to strip out the spur.. i like to beef up all ‘weak points’ but some a weaker for a reason

Sweet looking build! Only thing I would suggest is the TBone bumpers and wheelie bar. It has saved me a lot of grief. ;)

Sweet looking build! Only thing I would suggest is the TBone bumpers and wheelie bar. It has saved me a lot of grief. ;)
Ordered and installed. Big difference indeed, no more folding rear bumper. I have a nice order from M2C on it’s way now, and looking at an unbreakable body. The proline body I have on it now has seen hell.

Received the T-Bone Bumpers & mud guards, volt meter, M2C tower and rear braces and M2C shock caps. Finally got those items installed. A few things to note;
While installing the new bumpers, I was left with two screws that attach the shock tower to the front differential case, however they are now too long since they previously ran through the impact absorbers which are no longer needed . To get them snug I had to add a few copper washers. Not sure what others are doing about this.
Another thing was the upper screws that attach the rear bumper were not long enough after installing the M2C tower braces. Keep this in mind when adding both the bumpers and shock tower braces.
Next I’ll be installing the M2C tower to tower brace, metal spur gear, and the RCManiac unbreakable body. Went with the blue one that is already cut. Stay tuned.

Same boat! I run a steel spur. Noise is nothing as it's much quieter than my Arrma's. I went through 3 in a month from small stones. I just ordered some bumpers. The steering top plate on ebay connects all together?. Diff cases from m2c are ?.

Attachments

• 20191115_220347.jpg
    20191115_220347.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 316
I believe I’m done with this build for now. Installed the metal spur, V2 mega brace, and unbreakable body. The body reminds me of those thick blue plastic wadding pools. definitely not going to crack now.
Can’t wait for the weather to break so I can enjoy it again.
Cheers

Recent Popular Liked

Back