• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

Set screw coming loose?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Overkill

Reaction score
Tekno RC's
  1. EB48
  2. ET48
Driving Style
Basher
I see posts on a regular basis all over the internet about set screws coming loose. This is what I do.

Step 1:
Use a knurled/serrated M5x5mm set screw, available from Bolt Depot. These provide better holding strength over standard set screws.

Step 2:
Clean the set screw and coupler with brake parts cleaner etc to remove the oils.

Step 3:
Apply Permatex surface prep activator to the set screw and coupler, this creates an even stronger bond and the threadlocker dries much faster.

Step 4:
Do not use blue threadlocker on high stress area set screws, I only use blue on low stress area screws. Use Permatex high strength Orange threadlocker. This is 3x stronger than blue and does not require heat for removal.

You can also use red, just be aware that it requires heat for removal. I use a heat gun for 10 seconds and it's removed easily.

Step 5:
Let it dry for 24 hours for maximum strength.

Recent Popular Liked

Back