• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

410.3 Servo speed

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Owacle

Reaction score
Hi everyone. I’m looking for some advice regarding servo speeds. I’m comparing the David 1258tg and the 1256tg and it seems like the main difference (apart from me being able to find a 1256 locally) is that the 1258 is 0.10/60deg and the 1256 is 0.18/60deg.

Is this a meaningful difference for a steering servo for the sct410? Does the extra torque help?

thanks!

Yes, from 0.18 to 0.10 Is a very meaningful difference.

0.18 is where a lot of stock RTR stand, 0.10 is where most racers need to be.

What most servo lack in speed, they try to make up in torque. It is important but the smaller SCT tires will not require monster torque.

Generally you want a servo that is slightly faster than your reaction skill, then use the "Steering Speed" option on the radio to slow it down to your reaction skill, if your radio doesn't have a steering speed adjustment, then I would recommend staying around the 0.12sec/60° range, more info here:

Which servo is right for me?

Recent Popular Liked

Back