• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

SCT410SL by RustyUs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Simple printed receiver box to hide rat's nest. Will definitely have to redesign it to make more room. But, it's in and I gotta fix a clog or something.
IMG_20230326_100933921_HDR.jpg

Reactions: nub
So how similar or different has this been for you compared to the ET410 and SCT410.3?

So how similar or different has this been for you compared to the ET410 and SCT410.3?
Well, no comparison on track/bashin' performance. I gotta paint body yet. Weather has been just so miserable on days off to have me attempt getting into the mood.

I won't paint in the house, nor do I paint unless I have at least a 60*F day outside. As I type this, I'm watching the morning weather report... more snow on the way with showers after that. Next Monday (aprox. 168 hours from now) will be the next slotted day for having a go at it 👾🌧️:unsure:❄️:coffee:😩.

To me, short course trucks look so much like actual real full size AMSOIL Off-Road racing trucks. That is what draws me to the SCT part of the hobby. I love stadium trucks, truggies, and buggies, but their bodies have transformed into weird futuristic pieces of Lexan.

What can I say? Once I had seen the SCT410SL was being based off of the EB/ET410 platforms, I just had to have the this kit.

My SL will be for my backyard track bashin' fun more than anything. I just thought I'd maybe show/share my build with others, and maybe highlight some of the parts used.
View attachment 9259View attachment 9257
View attachment 9340
Which body is that? I am using a Pro-Line Flo-Tek and it's too wide and looks funny.

I got it off Horizon Hobby selling through Amazon... Free shipping for Prime members.
1684187790816.png

I don't know what the difference is on the other Raptor body other than the one I used has no dimples body post markings.
1684189341416.png

Last edited:
After giving this "SL" thing a good shake down... all I can say is I'm hooked! It flies better than I expected. So much so, I'm trying to sell some of my 2wd short course trucks for another SCT410SL build.

The body probably should have been mounted 5mm farther forward as the caster/kickup angle is not as great as it is on a 2wd SCT... the tires don't get sucked back as far. Those Badlands are gnawing at the front "fenders" (as seen in picture):
IMG_20230522_190602441_HDR.jpg

IMG_20230522_184432246_HDR.jpg

Last edited:
Running lighter shock oils/diff fluids than what the stock setup has you use... the truck felt really, really good for my track bashing adventures. I'm only launching the truck maybe 4' high with no down ramps, and I will have to, at times, grab some brake to bring the nose down.

If I was running on a less bumpier track, I'd probably throw on some lighter/thinner than stock anti-sway bars.

The rear mounted rear shocks are staying where they're at. The next SCT410SL 🤞🤞I will build with stock setup to compare.

Attachments

• RustyUs' SCT410SL-SetupII MdLo Bumpy.pdf
    596.7 KB · Views: 55
Last edited:
The springs, as usual, will break-in. I had to turn down the shock spring collars 10/12 (f/r) turns to get the same ride height as when I first started.

Also, the shock boots, even though them seem thicker/tougher than the ones on my EB48 buggy, got torn up after second run :rolleyes:. Badlands and little pebbles.... mud/rock guards anyone? That's the price I pay for being able to use my backyard dirt as my happy place.

You can't see the tears in the shock boots, but the coating on the rear springs is slowly being plinked off by the punishment of pebbles.
IMG_20230522_192158168_HDR.jpg

IMG_20230522_192211651_HDR.jpg

The front of the updated ET410 arms seem to be a prime surface to mount some carbon fiber "rock deflectors" :p :cool: .

Last edited:
If your battery packs have inboard/internal bullet connectors, use whatever fancies you. I only had 4mm low profile bullets on hand. Having recently bought some LiPo packs, and didn't realize they came with 5mm inboard connectors (tubes), I did some Dr.Emeling to some 5mm male bullet pieces. I cut out a section (represented by the black area in picture) for the wires to lay at a 90* angle.
1687184355123.png

The male pieces were left over from EC5 connectors 🤮 that I threw out. Sorry. Some people love 'em, but I couldn't stand those blue E-flight things.
1687184397628.png

angrybrownman, Most of the time I run with no, front only, or softer anti-sway bars. I run both braces, because I feel the softer shock package is more beneficial at getting the SL through the rough stuff. It's all tuning preference.

I've been running the same both braces setup on my ET410 since day one. Possibly, it's only in my head that running both braces adds to the durability of rear bulkhead. I've had my share of some nasty upside-down landings, and tumbles, but no snapping of bulkheads that I read about 🤷‍♂️... "knock on wood" as they say 🗣️ .

RustyUs..You certainly offer up some great content..Question is ..Is this forum still alive..I see last date july 2023..If your still back and forth here ill chime in on my fresh built sct410SL..Thanks

RustyUs..You certainly offer up some great content..Question is ..Is this forum still alive..I see last date july 2023..If your still back and forth here ill chime in on my fresh built sct410SL..Thanks
Yes, I am here and there; in and out of the interwebs. I don't check in as much as I used to. The Tekno forum doesn't see a great amount of traffic as other forums. I think forums in general has seen a huge drop in "participation" unless you're in one of the mostly "bashing brands" RC forums.

I got another SCT410SL off of someone that decided to go a different route in their racing program. That SL will be ran pretty much on the box stock setup so I can compare it to my SCT410SL's setup.

Recent Popular Liked

Back