• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

Sct410 motor in reverse?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1manwolfpack

Reaction score
Hi, this is my first 4wd shortcourse truck. I bought a 410.3 used and it came with a Maclan motor. I put my other electronics in including a MMP. When I pull the throttle, it goes in reverse. I tried to reverse it on the tx, but then it just goes faster in reverse. Put the controller back to normal, When i pull the trigger, it goes reverse, puch forward for brake, it stops. Push forward again, it goes forward. Seems to me that the motor is "backwards" in the truck.
Could I buy the castle link and switch the motor to reverse? Would that fix my problem?

You need to read the directions in the manual for your ESC, it will tell you if you need to reverse the direction of the throttle on the radio or not. Are you switching over from a sensored motor to sensorless? If so then after you have calibrated the motor per the ESC instructions, and the motor is still reversed, then simply swap any 2 wires on the motor.

If the motor is sensored, then you probably have your front/rear diffs installed backwards, simply remove each diff and flip them around ;)

You need to read the directions in the manual for your ESC, it will tell you if you need to reverse the direction of the throttle on the radio or not. Are you switching over from a sensored motor to sensorless? If so then after you have calibrated the motor per the ESC instructions, and the motor is still reversed, then simply swap any 2 wires on the motor.

If the motor is sensored, then you probably have your front/rear diffs installed backwards, simply remove each diff and flip them around ;)
To echo this point, uncensored just flip two of the motor wires. If sensored, you'll have to get a castle link a switch the motor direction.

I read the manual, there is nothing for reversing the motor rotation. I looked it up and with the castle link, I can reverse it.

I don't believe the diffs are in backwards since the guy I bought it from raced it, he just took his rx and esc out.

It is a sensored maclan motor with a mmp esc.

You were right. I took it apart to verify the diffs, and they were backwards.

Recent Popular Liked

Back