• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

Sct410.3 shock option

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brant258

Reaction score
What shock/shock tower set up do I need for putting 2.8 wheels on my sct410.3? Truck currently bottoms out on the end of the shock stroke and not on the bottom of the chassis. Thanks.

I have wondered what people do. I have 1/8 buggy badlands on my truck and it just barley slaps. I think you put the towers and shocks from the et48. I think the rear sct410 shocks go on the front then.

What shock/shock tower set up do I need for putting 2.8 wheels on my sct410.3? Truck currently bottoms out on the end of the shock stroke and not on the bottom of the chassis. Thanks.
You could try longer shocks. I know the shocks on the front of my (D)b48.3 are the same as the SCT's rear shocks. The buggies towers are a bit taller i think. Mine were bent so i turned in for a warranty. ended up swapping to the SCT tower up front and bought a rear MT410 tower when i was told they are thicker and the same height.
  • The eb48.3 and MT410 use the same front and rear shocks.
The SCT has shorter arms, hence the shorter shocks Id say. I dont have either trucks so i couldnt compare shock towers to the MT.
Try backing out the droop screw so the shock isnt the limiting factor?

The sct410.3 shocks, arms and towers are engineered to work with short course tire diameter... if you want big tires to work you'd need longer shocks and higher towers, might not need longer arms just for 2.8's. If you went with long arms you'd also need driveshafts... that will all add up hugely, by the time you get all of that stuff you'd be over $200 deep, not really worth the cost IMO. Better to trade/sell the SCT for the MT if you're looking to bash around as it can fit really huge 7" dia tires as I did.

Recent Popular Liked

Back