• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

410.3 SCT410.3 Rear springs feel to soft..

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BashingBrian

So here I am, I'm Tiny Rick..!!!
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Tekno RC's
  1. MT410
  2. SCT410
Driving Style
Basher
As the title says,
I've nearly finished the build now but the rear springs seem really soft to me, I'm having to add quite a lot of pre-load to get the truck to sit up level'ish..!!

Any tips as to what springs I should get, had a look at my local Tekno dealers website and there way too many to choose from, I see that the stock spring is TKR6043 but I'm not too sure where to go with upgrades, stiffness, length, color etc 🤔

Screenshot 2022-06-15 at 19.15.49.png

Send help please 😉

These ???

TKR6033 - spring set, rear 85mm, Orange

Yes I have a ride height gauge, I've not set the truck up yet correctly as I'm still waiting on the ESC to arrive 👍🏼

Strange that you feel the rear is too soft. Most guys find the stock springs too stiff.
Are you able to get the proper ride height as per the manual?

I had to purchase softer springs for my SCT to get it where I needed it.

I recommend running the truck on a track first so you have a baseline. Have you ran it yet?

I went TKR6031 green in the rear. For a starting 25mm ride height the rear black needed way too much preload for my taste. I've been debating with myself to go shorter and stiffer to get the ride height down in the 15-17mm range

I went TKR6031 green in the rear. For a starting 25mm ride height the rear black needed way too much preload for my taste.
That's interesting, I just assumed that the kit had green springs front and rear but it looks like box stock it has black rears..!! and I agree it feels way too soft :unsure:

Strange that you feel the rear is too soft. Most guys find the stock springs too stiff.
Are you able to get the proper ride height as per the manual?

I had to purchase softer springs for my SCT to get it where I needed it.

I recommend running the truck on a track first so you have a baseline. Have you ran it yet?
I agree, I'm running pink front and rear, as soft as you can get anymore. if they still made the even softer i'd try those but they are discontinued. Im sure spring preference depends on the track conditions and other things - I've also lightened my truck considerably trying to get it as nimble as the TLR's that dominate at my track so lighter springs make sense. Seems like most people are running on much nicer/smoother tracks nowadays. I'm running on a rough outdoor dirt track where at speed the trucks bounce around, so the softer is what I lean towards in my case. I felt the front Tekno spring was too long - I couldn't get the front end down with zero preload so went with the shorter progressive spring and now it's perfect length.
If you hate preload, don't try the TLR SCTE3.0 - I used to own one ... you have to have both front and rear springs all the way down preloaded to the max for the axles to sit level - they are way too short, it's super annoying - then they start sagging. A common fix is to swap to AE springs.

I also agree in just running it first and see how it actually performs.

I’ve found the rear springs on my sct410.3 that just showed up are also too soft. The front is perfect with green springs it came with. I think the back are stock black springs much too soft truck sags with no preload. I’m going to try the green springs in rear I think as well

Last edited:
Didn't remember to take a photo 😩, but the truck is now all set up as per the manual and the rear of the truck is nearly touching the floor..!!

Rear springs are way too soft, it makes the front feel very stiff. The front has almost no preload and sits nice whereas the rear has almost 75% preload dialed in and still sags.

Think I will buy the green or orange rear springs can't decide 🤔 normally RC's have a stiffer front springs than the rear isn't that correct ??

Quick question, that length quoted is unloaded ??

Screenshot 2022-06-15 at 20.02.48.jpeg

Didn't remember to take a photo 😩, but the truck is now all set up as per the manual and the rear of the truck is nearly touching the floor..!!

Rear springs are way too soft, it makes the front feel very stiff. The front has almost no preload and sits nice whereas the rear has almost 75% preload dialed in and still sags.

Think I will buy the green or orange rear springs can't decide 🤔 normally RC's have a stiffer front springs than the rear isn't that correct ??

Quick question, that length quoted is unloaded ??

View attachment 8541
I just measured some various unused springs. That length quoted is unloaded.

I went TKR6031 green in the rear. For a starting 25mm ride height the rear black needed way too much preload for my taste. I've been debating with myself to go shorter and stiffer to get the ride height down in the 15-17mm range
Sounds like a prime candidate for low frequency springs.

Maiden run with the green rear springs 🤔 so much better than stock.!! truck now sits nice with just a small amount of rear squat 👍🏼

From Tekno's site:
Our new low-frequency (LF) spring design improves traction by reducing chassis oscillation on rough track surfaces and large jump landings. Better stability of the vehicle is achieved, providing more forward grip, increased corner speed and quicker lap times.

Spring length has been reduced by 13mm in front to allow for lower ride height adjustments. This dramatically increases corner speed under high traction conditions (such as carpet or astro-turf) where lower ride heights are essential.

With additional coils as well as a larger wire diameter, the new LF springs feature a natural silver finish with a color indicator for easy spring identification. They directly replace existing springs (Part # TKR6035) and are intended to only be used on the SCT410, SCT410.3 and the EB48SL vehicles. Two (2) springs are included in each package.

When deciding to try our new LF springs, we suggest starting with the same rate you are currently running or maybe one rate softer. Compared to standard springs, our LF springs perform better in most conditions. Use the chart below for track type/condition recommendations specific to this spring strength.
1658023200871.png

Recent Popular Liked

Back