• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

SCT Motor Mount

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Loyd

Reaction score
Tekno RC's
  1. SCT410
Driving Style
Basher
I'm having trouble with motor mount/insert/motor and need some guidance (Castle 1412, it's 36mm). With the kit supplied insert used in the pictures the motor assembly does not slide nicely into the mount. Red lines in picture show where there is contact, I believe because the motor is not flush or is proud of the insert and scrapes the mount...you can see the scrapes on the mount.

I found this thread https://www.teknoforums.com/threads/4274-motor-mount-insert-problems.2056/ .....issue is different. Motor is hitting his CHASSIS because it's 42mm. But his picture with motor and insert looks similar to mine and I assume slides nicely before hitting the chassis.....mine binds before getting close to chassis.

I think I am mounting the insert to the motor incorrectly and need some help. Thanks and Happy New Year!

Attachments

• thumbnail_IMG_1944.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_1944.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 78
  • thumbnail_IMG_1945.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_1945.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 78
  • thumbnail_IMG_1946.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_1946.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 85
1) Is the metal chassis binding?
2) Is the side guard causing the block? If so, remove the plastic side guard before sliding the motor into the mount

We meet again Bill! I am going to eat a little crow here.....I was soooo focused on the motor, mount, insert... I missed the wire guide screw sticking up from the side guard (I am in the middle of installing electronics). You were spot on and I thank you for your time.

If I still have you...or anyone else with some experience...I am attempting to install the 25t aluminum servo horn on a 25t servo. Servo horn seems small. I took the clamping screw out completely and still won't slide onto the servo. I tried stretching the servo horn open just a smidge....will not slide on top of servo. What am I missing here? I assume tapping it with a hammer is not the solution?

Happy New Year!

Yeah they tend to fit snugly (which is a good thing)... you should be able to wiggle it into place while applying pressure with your fingers, I would not recommend tapping with a hammer, try rotating back and forth until you can get the spline to line up perfectly, then it will snap in place.

This is the TEKNO horn correct?

Sometimes you can only get the horn started and it won't slide all the way down, it's okay to thread the screw to get it to finish sliding into place at that point.

Good Luck!

It is a Tekno horn. I can get it too just 'click', and then it seems impossible without brute force to get it to slide down. I will try to screw it down once I believe it is aligned properly. Great suggestion, Thank You! I am in the middle of installing electronics and tuning for my first run....I am sooooo close and your help with the tips and tricks (like breaking in the rod ends with a drill!) that aren't in the manual are so appreciated!

Recent Popular Liked

Back