• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

RX8 GEN3 BEC šŸ¤”

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cheez

Premium Member
Supporting Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Tekno RC's
  1. EB48
  2. ET48
  3. MT410
  4. SCT410
Unless Iā€™m blindā€¦..Iā€™ve looked over the manual half a dozen times, looked on YouTube and Iā€™m not seeing how to program the ā€œHigh Voltage Programmable BECā€. Iā€™d like to set it 7.4 v
image.jpg

Says it requires the hotwire interface

It's almost as bad when they include a set button and make using it so clumsy you want/need a program card or interface anyway

id' recommend just picking up an older hotwire 2 for half the price. i don't have the bluetooth one and when I forgot mine at the track and tried to use a club member's BT HW, it was a pain and wouldn't pair so i just plugged it in and had it working in ten seconds instead. I don't see much use for the bluetooth function.

I like Tekin, i have a number of Tekin products, but the one thing that I don't love is how they don't release new things very often and the latest version ends up being many years old. But on a positive note maybe that's a GOOD thing that they don't need to update their products very often because they continue to perform very well over the years and don't feel like they need to throw something new out to market every year to "keep up" ... I'm still using a Gen2 Rx8 in my Sct410.3 and see no reason to replace it with the Gen3... A guy in my club that wins most of the time is still on a Gen 1...

Recently on another rig (2wd) I went with a Maclan ESC, partly because they don't need any device in between - you plug your phone or PC directly into the ESC with the included usb-C cable, it's great.

id' recommend just picking up an older hotwire 2 for half the price. i don't have the bluetooth one and when I forgot mine at the track and tried to use a club member's BT HW, it was a pain and wouldn't pair so i just plugged it in and had it working in ten seconds instead. I don't see much use for the bluetooth function.

I like Tekin, i have a number of Tekin products, but the one thing that I don't love is how they don't release new things very often and the latest version ends up being many years old. But on a positive note maybe that's a GOOD thing that they don't need to update their products very often because they continue to perform very well over the years and don't feel like they need to throw something new out to market every year to "keep up" ... I'm still using a Gen2 Rx8 in my Sct410.3 and see no reason to replace it with the Gen3... A guy in my club that wins most of the time is still on a Gen 1...

Recently on another rig (2wd) I went with a Maclan ESC, partly because they don't need any device in between - you plug your phone or PC directly into the ESC with the included usb-C cable, it's great.
Itā€™s just disappointing that I have to spend $65 to program the BEC.

Itā€™s just disappointing that I have to spend $65 to program the BEC.
right that's why i suggested picking up a used 2.0 hotwire instead on somewhere like ebay, there are always some available there for under $30.

Recent Popular Liked

Back