• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

Rumors of a Tekno EB48.5

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

matimath

Reaction score
Tekno RC's
  1. EB48
Hi guys! There are rumors of new version .5 for this year. You know if there is something true and if there will be many changes with the version .4?

Several team drivers in my area have been talking about the NB48.5 for a while, rumor they are trying to get it out before Nitro Nats in a couple of months but no guarantees... no word on when the EB48.5 will follow, just a guessing game of when it will come, they are completely changing the chassis with lots of influence from Jared Tebo. I would bet they are targeting in time for Christmas, but that's just a guess.

A .5 may be interesting....maybe I will finally get a .4 when that one comes out LOL!

and any rumour about ET48.4?

I haven't heard anything about any updates to the ET48... the Truggy class has lost a lot of momentum lately, I know TEKNO has been putting a lot of focus in other areas with a higher priority, if I hear of anything from one of the team drivers over this weekend, I'll circle back with an update.

How much better was the eb48.3 vs the .4?

The NB48.5 prototype is being tested. From this photo you can see the gearbox, sway bar, etc, are different.

I owned both and they were completely different cars, the geometry was THAT big of a difference... the .3 felt a little more stable and was easier to drive, but it just couldn't rotate like the .4 can... I went with a very stable setup with the .4 and the upgrade had quickly launched my skill from the ranks of sportsman into expert over night.

Here's both setup sheets to see what I mean in the difference in setup for me:
38872098165_92cb0891a2_b.jpg

40077342132_9e2bfbd749_b.jpg

I dont own a EB48.3, but i do have the EB48.4 as qell as both the SCT .3 and ET.3, and there are quite a few differences when it comes to the suspension arms and setup options. I would say for the average RC guy that they probably wouldnt notoce or "need" the different parts and the main chassis is the same, but i do like the upgrades to the rear end. Wider C and D blocks, plus the arms are cut put where the hinge pins go through them qhich is something that a lot of guys did themselves on the .3 kits. Ive wanted a ET.4 truggy ever since i got the EB.4 back in October, but im almost certain that im not a good enough racer to really notice a difference if they made one. I just like having the newest stuff haha.

The ET48.3 is already known for being more twitchy than most other trucks on the market and the .4 upgrade adds a ton more rotation which the ET48.3 doesn't need... if I were to take a guess, I'd bet they skip .4 completely and go straight to a ET48.5 release after they redesign the chassis to be wider which will take out some of that extra rotation.... no insider information, just purely speculation on my part.

Bill thanks! The ET48.3 already turns more sharply and tightly than any RC I have ever owned, so it is almost hard to imagine even more turning. Glad to know what the design focus was on the .3 vs .4 on the buggy side.

I spoke with one of the team managers last night and he said they will be calling the next set of releases the 2.0 for the NB48 and EB48, there will not be a .5 because the set of changes are THAT drastic. No word on any plans to update any of the trucks to 2.0, they are also spending some time on 1/10 classes too, but no word on making running updates or if they will release 2.0's for that lineup too, they are more focused on 1/8 buggies right now, official announcements will be made when they are closer to release, my guess is that if you make an official announcement too soon that can mess up expectations... shrug

I spoke with one of the team managers last night and he said they will be calling the next set of releases the 2.0 for the NB48 and EB48, there will not be a .5 because the set of changes are THAT drastic. No word on any plans to update any of the trucks to 2.0, they are also spending some time on 1/10 classes too, but no word on making running updates or if they will release 2.0's for that lineup too, they are more focused on 1/8 buggies right now, official announcements will be made when they are closer to release, my guess is that if you make an official announcement too soon that can mess up expectations... shrug
Good information about it. It seems that the change will be great.

I have spoken with a distributor and the nitro version is expected for June. It will be very different with what the .4 can not evolve. At the moment there is no date for the electric version.

I have spoken with a distributor and the nitro version is expected for June. It will be very different with what the .4 can not evolve. At the moment there is no date for the electric version.
Looking forward to seeing the 48.5!

Very cool. Part of me is interested in a .5 but then I would have to sell my SL. I like it too much to replace it with a new rig lol.

I'm seeing 50% off on EB48.4 bodies at the local distributor, nice!

Several team drivers in my area have been talking about the NB48.5 for a while, rumor they are trying to get it out before Nitro Nats in a couple of months but no guarantees... no word on when the EB48.5 will follow, just a guessing game of when it will come, they are completely changing the chassis with lots of influence from Jared Tebo. I would bet they are targeting in time for Christmas, but that's just a guess.
By completely changing the chassis I’m guessing this means going wider?

I believe some of the team drivers are going to be running the 2.0 chassis at Nats this week at Thornhill, I no longer race 1/8 classes, but I plan to swing by the track and check things out during the mains on Sunday, I'll definitely take a closer look at the TEKNO pit area to see what those guys are running and see if they're willing to share any information publicly.

I believe some of the team drivers are going to be running the 2.0 chassis at Nats this week at Thornhill, I no longer race 1/8 classes, but I plan to swing by the track and check things out during the mains on Sunday, I'll definitely take a closer look at the TEKNO pit area to see what those guys are running and see if they're willing to share any information publicly.
Get pictures! :D

Recent Popular Liked

Back