• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

Received revised M2C center brace.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Slogrits

Reaction score
Driving Style
Basher
Received the revised brace. Just after we had one break. I will post pictures later.

Photos as promised.

Attachments

• 7DD1AB5F-9031-43A8-B1F1-CA53C50C9BFD.jpeg
    7DD1AB5F-9031-43A8-B1F1-CA53C50C9BFD.jpeg
    169.2 KB · Views: 411
  • 0E460BE3-BC64-4356-B7E5-C75F3BFA5D5B.jpeg
    0E460BE3-BC64-4356-B7E5-C75F3BFA5D5B.jpeg
    25.3 KB · Views: 421
  • E4A55DF9-89B1-48C5-843E-A7A76F825824.jpeg
    E4A55DF9-89B1-48C5-843E-A7A76F825824.jpeg
    34.6 KB · Views: 371
  • DB91E085-F60E-4A6E-A07A-260D34ECCFC7.jpeg
    DB91E085-F60E-4A6E-A07A-260D34ECCFC7.jpeg
    52.9 KB · Views: 390
How do you like this brace? I ordered one a week ago and paid for 3 day shipping but have yet to get it... Also ordered the rear brace that goes from the center diff to the rear shock tower and it also comes with the shock tower brack brace thing too. Already have their aluminum rear brace that replaces the stock rear brace from the rear diff to the chassis. Hope I can use all 3 together...

It’s a pretty bulletproof setup. If you have been bashing your rig already, insert all screws before tightening down. The Go big or go home may seem not to fit but it is from slight warping from bashing. Put a ruler on the bottom before and after. It’s amazing how it flattens it back out.

How do you like this brace? I ordered one a week ago and paid for 3 day shipping but have yet to get it... Also ordered the rear brace that goes from the center diff to the rear shock tower and it also comes with the shock tower brack brace thing too. Already have their aluminum rear brace that replaces the stock rear brace from the rear diff to the chassis. Hope I can use all 3 together...

yeah they should all fit together. i tried the center brace early this year and ended up sending it back because it would not fit very well no matter what, and my chassis had almost zero use. i'd like to eventually get another one. That go big kit looks super cool. i have the china center diff plate and v2 m2c rear brace. Had i known the 'go big' kit was coming i would have waited and went for that instead. looks super beefy. i question if there is really any reason to need the standard rear chassis brace if you've got the go-big brace installed.

post up some install pics when you get em, it should be bulletproof with the go big and the center brace. hope it goes smoothly for you... although with that much stiffness and zero flex to absorb impact i have to wonder if it could actually cause more breakage near the point of contact.

yeah they should all fit together. i tried the center brace early this year and ended up sending it back because it would not fit very well no matter what, and my chassis had almost zero use. i'd like to eventually get another one. That go big kit looks super cool. i have the china center diff plate and v2 m2c rear brace. Had i known the 'go big' kit was coming i would have waited and went for that instead. looks super beefy. i question if there is really any reason to need the standard rear chassis brace if you've got the go-big brace installed.

post up some install pics when you get em, it should be bulletproof with the go big and the center brace. hope it goes smoothly for you... although with that much stiffness and zero flex to absorb impact i have to wonder if it could actually cause more breakage near the point of contact.

I wondered about that too, having basically no flex will put more strain on other parts, but I dont really bash this rig even though there are a couple jumps on my local track where I fly 25 to 30 feet at about 6 feet in the air, and there have been times I've gotten it wrong and crashed hard. No broken parts yet though in about 8 hours of runtime. I didnt order the "go big" setup, just the 6980 set that includes the horizontal brace that goes from the center diff to the rear diff housing, and it also comes with the brace/bracket part that mounts on the rear diff that the existing chassis brace attaches too, along with a plate for esc mounting which I dont need. It doesnt include the add-on shock tower if that's the one you are talking about. I also ordered the new brace that goes between the center diff down to the chassis, then up to the front bulkhead area. Part #6905. Basically eliminating all the stock plastic braces as I already have the M2C rear aluminum brace. I wasnt even sure if all of them would work together along with the one I already have so when I ordered them I included that as a question on the order form, telling them that if I couldnt use them all together to not send whatever wouldnt work, and they never said anything so I assume it's all good. I also finally heard back from them about where my order actually is, and I'm supposed to get it Thursday and I'll for sure post up pics. Just frustrated me when I pay a few extra bucks to get something in 3 days, then they dont even ship it for 9 days after I order it, especially when I got an email the morning after I ordered saying it's been shipped. Their customer service could use a bit of work IMO. It took 4 emails/messages over 5 days to get any type of response.

Lastly, I know these parts are really built for bashing, but I spend most of my time running at my local track so I hope these wont drastically change the handling as I've got it set up pretty good right now, other than needing much thinner center diff fluid. I wouldnt think so, and I'm not concerned about whatever weight they add. I've already had the rear brace on the truggy have the two bottom screws back out, and I also have the M2C rear brace on my SCT410.3 which I noticed last night had started to strip out the top mount screw. For how thick the brace is where the screw hole is, the screw didnt seem long enough so I put one in that was about 1/4" longer so there is no way it can pull out now. And that happened within about 40 minutes of running, albeit crashing tons as the setup is way off lol.

On a rough outdoor track, less chassis bracing actually would give you better traction and handling. The trade off is of course, its easier to bend drive shafts when there is too much chassis flex from bad landings.

Got around to installing the new braces today as I did a tear down to clean and replace some bearings as it's been on the track for several hours since I last did it. Everything they sent me fit perfect. They did have stickers on everything saying to not tighten any screws until all the of them were started, but I could have easily with mine... Im I got a good amount of time in at the track today and I'll go again tomorrow because I'm curious how noticeable the effect on the handling will be. I still can flex the chassis between the front bulkhead and the center diff, but the back is pretty rock solid. Anyway, on to the pics...

20181020_003211.jpg
20181020_003221.jpg
20181020_003316.jpg
20181020_003700.jpg
20181020_015143.jpg
20181020_015156.jpg
20181020_021647.jpg
20181020_021737.jpg
20181020_022316.jpg
20181020_022404.jpg

It also came with this plate that I guess allows you to mount your speed control either onto of the rear brace or on top of the stock brake servo mounts...
No instructions came with anything either...

20181020_022558.jpg
20181020_022558.jpg
20181020_022546.jpg
20181018_194043.jpg

Dang that is one incredibly clean build @Supradude26!

Dang that is one incredibly clean build @Supradude26!

Thanks! Just got done doing a good cleaning, plus it's only a few weeks old... That and almost 30 years worth of building kits means I like to keep them simple and nice.

Got around to installing the new braces today as I did a tear down to clean and replace some bearings as it's been on the track for several hours since I last did it. Everything they sent me fit perfect. They did have stickers on everything saying to not tighten any screws until all the of them were started, but I could have easily with mine... Im I got a good amount of time in at the track today and I'll go again tomorrow because I'm curious how noticeable the effect on the handling will be. I still can flex the chassis between the front bulkhead and the center diff, but the back is pretty rock solid. Anyway, on to the pics...

View attachment 1532View attachment 1533View attachment 1534View attachment 1535View attachment 1536View attachment 1537View attachment 1539View attachment 1540View attachment 1541View attachment 1542

It also came with this plate that I guess allows you to mount your speed control either onto of the rear brace or on top of the stock brake servo mounts...
No instructions came with anything either...

View attachment 1543View attachment 1543View attachment 1544View attachment 1545

Got the alloy front center plate? That might reduce flex in the front a bit...
Also wish tekno had alloy bellcranks like the competition but If there is really a benefit I'm not sure, as long as the steering posts are aluminum, which they are...

Recent Popular Liked

Back