• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

Read Diff sticking

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

practitioner

Reaction score
Hey guys, I need help.

So I'm rebuilding/cleaning the differentials. However, when I close the rear diff case the diff gets stuck, i.e. when I spin the center diff to test everything out the front diff moves but the rear doesn't. And if I try to spin the rear tires there's 15-20 degrees of motion and it gets stuck on either end. When I open the diff case, it spins okay. With the case closed but none of the screws tightened it spins fine. As soon as I tighten the screws it starts to get stuck again.

Any thoughts?

Hey guys, I need help.

So I'm rebuilding/cleaning the differentials. However, when I close the rear diff case the diff gets stuck, i.e. when I spin the center diff to test everything out the front diff moves but the rear doesn't. And if I try to spin the rear tires there's 15-20 degrees of motion and it gets stuck on either end. When I open the diff case, it spins okay. With the case closed but none of the screws tightened it spins fine. As soon as I tighten the screws it starts to get stuck again.

Any thoughts?
Try to only tighten until the screw is snug (when you barely feel the sudden spike in resistance). Also inspect for damage in the case and gears.

Try to only tighten until the screw is snug (when you barely feel the sudden spike in resistance). Also inspect for damage in the case and gears.
Thanks, this helped me figure it out a while back.
In case anyone else makes this same stupid mistake: the front diff is held to the chassis by 12 mm and 15 mm screws. I assumed they were all the same length and put the 15 mm ones in the back holes. They ended up pushing some of the plastic into the bearing's groove in the diff cover, may have even been gripping the bearings but I didn't notice any scratches on them.

Recent Popular Liked

Back