• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

Rayzcar’s ET410 Build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rayzcar

Reaction score
Posted some of this in my intro thread but adding a few more photos and details.

This was on Friday night, surprise announcement from our local track shop saying they had kits in stock so we didn’t have to wait until the 15th. Intended to pull electronics from my other cars.
F75EA604-CE84-40B3-8869-C95C0D1134E3.jpeg

Last edited:
Got some build time Saturday night so got the shocks and diffs built. Like to get those done first since it always feels like everything grinds to a halt when you get to those points in the instruction manual. Was also working on a simple 2-color scheme for the body.
81B31C68-5522-473E-9162-1BBA3F6A10CF.jpeg

Last edited:
Into Sunday and was able to finish painting the body. Loose inspiration was a 70s TV show featuring a side character named Huggy Bear. Snoop played the character in the movie reboot.

Attachments

• 65213E6A-0454-4FF2-90E1-3BF7E0B09561.jpeg
    65213E6A-0454-4FF2-90E1-3BF7E0B09561.jpeg
    114 KB · Views: 343
Found more time Sunday night and finished scavenging electronics from my other cars.

Spec class is going to be 10.5 so have a Reedy M3 with a Reedy 1000z ESC, Protek 160T low-profile servo (track guys said it should be fine even though manual recommends standard size servos), a Spektrum SR2000 rx to go with my DX5R TX and shorty lipo. Running gold JC dirt webs in front and PL Positrons MC in back (thanks Tyler at SDRC for gluing job). Only non-kit upgrades so far are the aluminum servo horn and shock caps. Running a 19T pinion because that’s what I had but track recommends 20 or even 21 pinion.

ED120ED1-8B95-4847-AD58-4E8C3B171E9F.jpeg

Last edited:
Monday, shortened the motor wires and positive battery wire, extended the negative battery lead, so I could use my Protek batteries. Did the checks and everything was setup per kit specs: ride height, toe and camber. Ran it outside for a bit and motor was getting up to 130s already. Might need a fan, especially if I do up the pinion size per the track recommendations. Note to self, don’t run near or under lowered car with body kit, else result is beauty marks on the body and chassis.
59A687CB-4A4B-405B-965A-62ECD12ECD40.jpeg

Last edited:
The final outcome (same pic as my avatar). Probably won’t be able to race Wednesday night but hoping for some practice time on Thursday. If/when things break, will eventually want to upgrade more like my EB, with the aluminum center diff mount, CF center brace (for a top-mount fan) and camber saver in front. Will have to steal a transponder from another car if I do want to start racing it. Using kit diff and shock oils for now along with springs. Can start making adjustments once the fast guys at the track get more time to figure out the killer setups.
D800B507-9BEC-4767-9308-2392E9853D6A.jpeg

Great looking ET410 truggy @rayzcar! What is the main color of the body? It looks red in a couple photos and almost pinkish in another - either way I really like it.

Great looking ET410 truggy @rayzcar! What is the main color of the body? It looks red in a couple photos and almost pinkish in another - either way I really like it.
It’s Tamiya PS-20 Fluorescent Red so looks kinda orange-ish sometimes. Pink maybe because I backed/sprayed entire body with white when I sprayed the stripe.

Just a few upgrades.

From the front, can see bulkhead saver, carbon fiber center brace and WTF fan.
FFC09617-5705-4E82-A9B9-3DD4C92B729E.jpeg

Viewing from the back, can see the aluminum center diff mount and 20T pinion.
A5144FEE-0276-490D-9A1C-D7819218DFA2.jpeg

Only other upgrade I’m still thinking about is aluminum steering, the ackerman and bell cranks. But next is getting some track time and having some fun first.

I already posted this on the rc tech forums but caught a bit of tonight’s mini-truggy main at SDRC. There was only one ET410 running with Pro4s and 2WD STs and SCTs. It’s the blue one being run by the owner of RC Speed Secrets. He TQ’d and finished 2nd behind a Pro4 by only a few seconds after some bobbles early on. Think he was running a 7.5T.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/pm1r9Z3s4CLHFwRd9

Last edited:
I already posted this on the rc tech forums but caught a bit of tonight’s mini-truggy main at SDRC. There was only one ET410 running with Pro4s and 2WD STs and SCTs. It’s the blue one being run by the owner of RC Speed Secrets. He TQ’d and finished 2nd behind a Pro4 by only a few seconds after some bobbles early on. Think he was running a 7.5T.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/pm1r9Z3s4CLHFwRd9

Nice video. The ET410 certainly looked like it was holding it's own. Can't complain with a 2nd place finish.

Yeah baby, got a couple packs in along with my EB410s. Drives awesome. 10.5 seems to have enough oomph for all but the most power hungry. Since I was already there, picked up the steering upgrades so have something to install during my next wrench session, and to make sure everything is still tight. Probably not going to have time to actually race this month but, when I do, think it’s going to be Sportsman 13.5 wheeler and mini-truggy (instead of 2wd truck). Is it September yet?
67A08FEF-AA30-4777-AAA2-11319DAE03BB.jpeg

Yeah baby, got a couple packs in along with my EB410s. Drives awesome. 10.5 seems to have enough oomph for all but the most power hungry. Since I was already there, picked up the steering upgrades so have something to install during my next wrench session, and to make sure everything is still tight. Probably not going to have time to actually race this month but, when I do, think it’s going to be Sportsman 13.5 wheeler and mini-truggy (instead of 2wd truck). Is it September yet?
View attachment 1145
I wish we had a track like that around here. Looks like so much fun.

I wish we had a track like that around here. Looks like so much fun.
Yes, I feel fortunate (and spoiled) to have an awesome track with an awesome owner/racer so close by. Just wish life would let me go more often.

Another Wednesday night and didn’t get to race again. However, I did get to upgrade to a torquier, full-sized servo, Tekno aluminum ackerman and Exotek aluminum bell cranks.

2CD51402-0004-4C63-9476-8B99E7A0CE38.jpeg

I did get to weigh it today and ole girl’s a bit chunky at 2200 grams ready to go minus a transponder, considering minimum weight per ROAR is 64 ounces or about 1814g. Can shave 10g by using a 4900 lipo instead of a 6100 (so much, I know right).

Most of the upgrades I’ve made so far were to increase durability. After I’ve had a chance to actually run it for awhile and get used to it (i.e. not crash so much, plus be less broke), might eventually be worth it to start doing upgrades to lighten it: thinking titanium turnbuckles, upper/lower screw kits, shock standoffs, rear outer hinge pins, motor screws, etc.

Probably by that time the body will have gotten beat up and need replacing so hopefully some manufacturer will have made a lightweight body available. And if it’s time to rebuild the diffs, can throw in better bearings. The owner of RC Speed Secrets is one of the fast local guys (blue ET410 in the race videos, got the win last night out of four fast guys).

Carbon fiber shock towers might be a nice upgrade too. It would allow for mounting the rear shocks forward. I also like the clear raceform towers which I have on my 13.5 EB410.

Last edited:
Was able to take her out for a couple more battery packs. A couple seconds a lap slower than the experts and fast guys but that’s pretty typical for my skill level. Afterwards, bought and installed a few more upgrades: cf front and rear shock towers, captured outer rear hinge pins, titanium shock standoffs and Lunsford 3.5mm turnbuckles with AE ball cups.

Last bit eventually an upper titanium screw set and RCSS bearings. Heard the aluminum rear hubs may not be correct geometry so going to stick with the stock plastic Tekno hubs for now.

Yes, I know the wires are a bit of a rat’s nest. I have the tools to shorten the servo leads, just don’t have the technique down yet. Need more practice with bad electronics, don’t want to mess up the working stuff.

82297BEC-B2B3-4B20-AE39-941A6F413FE8.jpeg

648201FF-5E92-40CA-B5B8-C0802ED3D6AD.jpeg

Recent Popular Liked

Back