• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

Questions About Brace Upgrades

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ZUMA

Reaction score
Tekno RC's
  1. MT410
Driving Style
Basher
So see a lot of you guys running m2c stuff. I was thinking about getting some stuff right from the start. Was thinking:
  • m2c6905 TEKNO ALUMINUM SOLID CENTER BRACE
  • m2c6973 TEKNO MT 410 REAR HORIZONTAL BRACE
If I get the m2c6973 rear horizontale brace it is necessary to the the m2c6755 TEKNO SHORT REAR CENTER BRACE? Do they go together?

Was thinking about going with the m2c6970 TEKNO MT 410 GO BIG REAR TOWER/ CHASSIS STIFFINER KIT but was going to hold off and see if I have problems with the towers first. Or is it better to get the GO BIG kit too? Also, is there any better options?

Reactions: RcA
Hey @ZUMA,

I run an ET48.3 turned into a basher and the m2c parts are the right way to go for bashing. Since I’m not an extreme basher (15ft jumps on grass is going to be my limit), i like experimenting and going there step by step.

You listed the right parts, you will need the v3 rear tower brace (M2c6971) to fix the horizontal brace.

I do not believe that you need that short rear brace and since I’m weight conscious, I would actually advise you against it.

The Go Big kit m2c6970 is like a bundle of parts. I would do the math, but it doesn’t seem like you’re saving a lot by going that route.

Regarding m2c6905, Mitchell (m2c) is running out of stock. He is working on a small batch that would be made out of 7075 alu. Should be ready in like two weeks.

Finally, consider an aluminum steering top plate, since that would be your last plastic link in the tower to tower chain of parts/braces.

Hope the others will chime in too! Enjoy the hobby!

Alternatives to m2c6905 front center brace:

@Overkill is using a 7075 upgrade that seems to be out of stock everywhere. Check his posts to see how it works.

Thanks for the advise, I'm thinking I'll go with the m2c6905 and m2c6973. Also, add m2c6971. I just got the kit and hopefully have it running soon.

I did all my bracing right out the box.

Never ran it without.

I made the mistake of ordering the mega brace. I was under the influence it wouldn't fit.

As I'm in the uk returning it was just too much hassle, so I made it work. (Tiny bit of grinding)..5mins worth

Highly recommend the mega brace... I use it and have it fitted on the standard chassis with max8 combo

I did all my bracing right out the box.

Never ran it without.

I made the mistake of ordering the mega brace. I was under the influence it wouldn't fit.

As I'm in the uk returning it was just too much hassle, so I made it work. (Tiny bit of grinding)..5mins worth

Highly recommend the mega brace... I use it and have it fitted on the standard chassis with max8 combo

What other braces did you go with or you only did the mega brace?

What other braces did you go with or you only did the mega brace?
I used the go big or go home kit, and mega brace.
There is also a aluminium centre diff replacement I've got that.

I'd also reccomend getting the top plate in aluminium as mine and my dads have both broken and I've seen others have broken pretty quick too.

That's all i did in the way of bracing. Mines braced and my dads isnt. Having them side by side like that shows just how much the m2c stuff helps.
Hes already popped his prop shaft out. Where as I've had absolutely 0 problems with mine
Can only imagine that's due to his flexing more

I used the go big or go home kit, and mega brace.
There is also a aluminium centre diff replacement I've got that.

I'd also reccomend getting the top plate in aluminium as mine and my dads have both broken and I've seen others have broken pretty quick too.

That's all i did in the way of bracing. Mines braced and my dads isnt. Having them side by side like that shows just how much the m2c stuff helps.
Hes already popped his prop shaft out. Where as I've had absolutely 0 problems with mine
Can only imagine that's due to his flexing more
I've also got m2c6755

List of m2c bits I have

m2c6755
m2c6835
m2c6970

Hopefully this isn't too dumb of a question but what are the little screws for? For mounting stuff?

So see a lot of you guys running m2c stuff. I was thinking about getting some stuff right from the start. Was thinking:
  • m2c6905 TEKNO ALUMINUM SOLID CENTER BRACE
  • m2c6973 TEKNO MT 410 REAR HORIZONTAL BRACE
If I get the m2c6973 rear horizontale brace it is necessary to the the m2c6755 TEKNO SHORT REAR CENTER BRACE? Do they go together?

Was thinking about going with the m2c6970 TEKNO MT 410 GO BIG REAR TOWER/ CHASSIS STIFFINER KIT but was going to hold off and see if I have problems with the towers first. Or is it better to get the GO BIG kit too? Also, is there any better options?
Personally I would go for the M³ rear chassis brace and the chassis stiffner ??
I could be seen as biased for saying that tho ?.
If you do decide to go the M³ option, use Google chrome to translate his site to English, also he has a code running at the moment use "RcA" At the checkout and you will get hooked up with 10% Off
https://www.mmm-germany.com
Cheers
Matt
Mt410 Rear Brace_edited.jpeg

Personally I would go for the M³ rear chassis brace and the chassis stiffner ??
I could be seen as biased for saying that tho ?.
If you do decide to go the M³ option, use Google chrome to translate his site to English, also he has a code running at the moment use "RcA" At the checkout and you will get hooked up with 10% Off
https://www.mmm-germany.com
Cheers
Matt

I did see M³ stuff but liked how M2C braces looked. I ended up with M2C braces. It's crazy how solid they make the chassis look. Haven't tested them out because I just finished my build.

Alternatives to m2c6905 front center brace:
View attachment 2973
View attachment 2974
@Overkill is using a 7075 upgrade that seems to be out of stock everywhere. Check his posts to see how it works.
Looks like it's back in Stock at amain

i went with the go big kit v2, the center mega brace and the steering top plate from all racing.
i bent towers on every truck i own so i liked the appeal of the go big kit.
everything fit well and the fit/finish was on point.

Recent Popular Liked

Back