• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

Question about EB Setup

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

a2lowvw

Reaction score
Tekno RC's
  1. EB410
  2. ET48
  3. ET410
  4. MT410
  5. SCT410
I just picked up an EB410 slider and the setup seems much different than what I see people normally running. I have to get electronics and wheels/tires for it before it's built up. It has the new adjustable akerman spindles with the D carbon spindle arms with no shims under them. The rear droop screw tabs on the chassis have been trimmed. Curios as to how this will drive compared to my kiddo's box setup eb410.2. The person I got it from (on facebook) got it with a bunch of other Tekno stuff and didn't know if the previous owner was running carpet or dirt. ANy insights as to what this thing was used for?

eb410setup.png
AEE16484-5CC8-4D41-9914-A96BF6E178DC.jpeg
894F69F4-7539-4FC1-B541-AB3F370564D9.jpeg

That setup sheet is essentially blank, key indicators to me would be diffs and ride height between dirt/turf

The chassis looks like it's in great shape with minimal scratches and what appears to be residual glue from possibly a chassis film protector? If that was the case then I would think it might have raced on turf as a guess. If there were deep gouges in the chassis then I would be inclined to believe it was raced on dirt.

That said it doesn't really matter once you rebuild it and put your own setup on it.

Good Luck!

By the way it looks to me, I would suggest carpet. Looking at the pictures you see no dirt tucked away in corners. Unless someone did a really good cleaning job.

There was a very small amount of debris around the front of the center diff mount and a little around the input cup on the rear diff but it is exceptionally clean. I sorta figured it was a carpet/turf car based upon how clean it is. I picked up a combo and servo for it yesterday and plan on just building it up as is and seeing how it drives before I tear it down to inspect the diff’s and see how the shocks are built.

I am interested in that carbon fiber brace above the center diff. That looks really cool. I have not seen that before.

TKR6635C, the motor interferes with the fan with this and if you try spacing it up the fan hits the (factory) body. JConcepts has one also that is supposed to locate the fan a little more forward that's supposed to eliminate this.

I am interested in that carbon fiber brace above the center diff. That looks really cool. I have not seen that before.
There are a few carbon upgrades available. I put quite a few on mine. I’ve attached a photo if you’re interested, first one, second is mine with it in situ. I popped the original spur cover back on as well though. I’m in the U.K. but part numbers should be the same.

Attachments

• FEA9D20A-2CF5-46A5-B147-6A1D4EDBB665.png
    FEA9D20A-2CF5-46A5-B147-6A1D4EDBB665.png
    125.9 KB · Views: 106
  • 3DE544D9-E686-448E-BF94-42204437DC8C.jpeg
    3DE544D9-E686-448E-BF94-42204437DC8C.jpeg
    216.8 KB · Views: 102

Recent Popular Liked

Back