• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

Q: What way should I vent my new tires?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eb_410

Reaction score
Tekno RC's
  1. EB410
Driving Style
Racer
With a small drill bit or with my solder iron to burn a hole? I was told to use a "hot iron" so it would melt the hole and prevent tearing.

Great video for that.

With a small drill bit or with my solder iron to burn a hole? I was told to use a "hot iron" so it would melt the hole and prevent tearing.

That would be a good way to add vents to the tire if you didn't in the first place or got pre-mounts that were not vented already for some reason.

A soldering iron worked well for my pre mounted tires. But you will end up with a lot of tire gunk molded to the soldering tip and the vapors are intense.

The way I vented my pre mounted tires was find a nail the size you want the hole to be. Get some pliers to hold the nail, heat up the nail with a lighter do not get it too hot or you will melt the foams bad. Stick the hot nail in the tire where you want the hole. I leave it there for a few seconds to cool to make sure when you pull the nail the hole does not seal back up.

Recent Popular Liked

Back