• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

Proline belted 3.8 Trenchers

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RC_User

TF Excellence Award
Reaction score
Tekno RC's
  1. SCT410
Driving Style
Racer
Anybody try these yet? I just saw they existed...

An additional win is the ability to replace the hex hubs, with alum hub option soon.

AWESOME!

I had the Sweep belted tires before and their lack of traction was comical, I sold them off.
Very excited about the proline. They are pretty spendy though, $68/pr on ebay...
I probably wont pick any up until next year.

Following, didn’t hear only good things about them.

They seem to be very heavy and the hex hubs are fragile... i think i heard that on some YouTube channel, would take it with a pinch of salt.

Whatever you do don't get these! ( Louise rocket Mt 3.8 or aka proline bandidos 3.8)

Attachments

• IMG_20190824_095855.jpg
    IMG_20190824_095855.jpg
    137.6 KB · Views: 610
I applaud Proline for finally making a belted tire after all these years. However, these are going to be SUPER heavy and I have zero interest in them. The belted 2.8's weigh 16.2% more than the non-belted 2.8's, so if you apply the same weight increase to the 3.8's, these will have an estimated weight of 462g! Which will lead to an increase of overheating trucks and broken driveline parts.

I'll stick with my original Badlands which are belted on the outside with kevlar braid which weighs 2g. The braid holds up to big power and there's no worry about breaking a line since it can be easily replaced.

I applaud Proline for finally making a belted tire after all these years. However, these are going to be SUPER heavy and I have zero interest in them. The belted 2.8's weigh 16.2% more than the non-belted 2.8's, so if you apply the same weight increase to the 3.8's, these will have an estimated weight of 462g! Which will lead to an increase of overheating trucks and broken driveline parts.

I'll stick with my original Badlands which are belted on the outside with kevlar braid which weighs 2g. The braid holds up to big power and there's no worry about breaking a line since it can be easily replaced.

It is interesting that they don't list the weight in the specs but I wouldn't dismiss them immediately, this is why we run bigger Motors and or gear down so that we can compensate for bigger tires, more weight Etc. I'm sure they take the extra weight into consideration and try to keep them as light as possible. But who knows you may be right and they may be unusably heavy, unfortunately I won't be finding out anytime soon but I hope someone here will grab them and can throw them on the scale for us

Like others have said, im sure these weigh more than their other premounts, but thats to be expected. I know that when i run my Trenchers, MX48's, Super Swampers etc, even my Sweep belted all terrains, that everything is going to work a bit harder than if im running the standard truggy wheels and tires on my ET.3, so i gear and drive accordingly. Im sure Ill try these out when my LHS gets them soon and ill just gear it and drive so i dont overheat my stuff. We cant expect to have big ass integrally belted tires mounted to heavy duty wheels that dont weigh more than the regular stuff. Im just glad that they have come out with them so we have more options to try...

Heavy wheels are harder on the truck but they mostly affect overall handling. I found my Backflips (172mm tall, 365g) to hurt the nimbleness of the truck more than I would like it and happily downgraded to the Backflips LP (155mm, 285g).

Last edited:

Holy smokes...

Wow that is terribly heavy...
Did you purchase them I assume?
Definitely do a review and let us know how they work out... probably need to gear down as much as possible for those boat anchors!

I did not, picked that screen shot on YouTube.

Sad to say, innovation is good and needed but I’ll pass on this one.

I did not, picked that screen shot on YouTube.

Sad to say, innovation is good and needed but I’ll pass on this one.

Ah I see the vid now.

They shouldn't had made them so wide. They could have reduced the weight considerably...

Someone on youtube had immediate issues with these. I forgot who it was but it might have been duperbash.

Recent Popular Liked

Back