• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

Practice track

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Racer X

Reaction score
I need to have a place to test and tune my truck. I’m looking for a dirt field. But I found a huge flat private cement area that is actually a spillway for a dam.
It is eminence and has a section that has an elevation change. So I can practice air time. It is roped off to any traffic and has no curbs at all.

my plan is to set up a simple oval and a figure eight. Then using the SkyRC GPS I can do laps and test top speed and that sort of thing. Plus gather data on my Castle link.
I went to Dollar tree today and found orange cones two for a dollar.
E8EE3956-E027-49E0-B65E-1C6C81065C83.jpeg

Last edited:
I need to have a place to test and tune my truck. I’m looking for a dirt field. But I found a huge flat private cement area that is actually a spillway for a dam.
It is eminence and has a section that has an elevation change. So I can practice air time. It is roped off to any traffic and has no curbs at all.

my plan is to set up a simple oval and a figure eight. Then using the SkyRC GPS I can do laps and test top speed and that sort of thing. Plus gather data on my Castle link.
I went to Dollar tree today and found orange cones two for a dollar.View attachment 5845
This sounds like a fun place to run your rig

But is your rig a on road racer/basher?

you may have issues test and tuning it on concrete then taking it to a dirt track or off road conditions.

I will be racing on dirt. So I will just use this for practice driving and checking motor/ESC temps. Things like that. I will find a dirt test track and the race track will open when the weather brakes. I expect to shred some tires on the paved track.
The parking lot behind the spillway is nice but you have to pay to access it and it is always busy with cars and boats. The bottom of the spillway is just always empty. Below that is an awesome gorge that I use for rock crawling.

Attachments

• 401339C5-B939-41C2-8100-D07D554E77B9.jpeg
    401339C5-B939-41C2-8100-D07D554E77B9.jpeg
    89.7 KB · Views: 147
Thanks I was thinking about that. The track uses a mylaps transponder that cost about 100 bucks. But the system record laps is a bit expensive.
I was thinking about a camera on a tripod and recoding each practice session.

Recent Popular Liked

Back